Can I use up leftover hops in one brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UglySister

Reaction score
I'm going to brew tomorrow and want to use up leftovers. I'm new to brewing and have not brewed without a recipe before. I need suggestions. (I've heard of this called a garbage can brew)
List of ingredients on hand:

Plenty of 2 row
1.5 oz 10°-20° crystal
8 oz 30°-40° Crystal
12oz torrified wheat

3.7 oz Cascade
0.7 oz Amarillo
0.5 oz Czech Saaz
0.8 oz Warrior
1.4 oz Tettnanger
1.4 oz N. Brewers
2.0 oz Perle
0.5 oz Styr Golding
1.5 oz Neo
8.2 oz Columbus

Yeasts:
Cbc-1
Safale US-05
3787 Trapping High Gravity
Wyeast's 2035 American Lager

I can pick up something else if needed.
Thanks for your input.

Throw together 9-10#'s of 2-row with all the other grains listed for a pale ale. I would use the cascade and a bit of columbus hops to total about 5oz with most as late additions. Target 45-50 ibu's for a tasty APA! Ferment with us-05.

With all that Columbus, you could do a tongue splitter of an Ipa. 12.75lb 2 row, .75lb munich, 1lb crystal 10 or 20, .25 crystal 40, 1 oz Columbus at 60, 20 and 5. US 05

Just keep in mind Columbus is pretty dank, more berry and pine than citrus and fruit like other American hops. I love the hop but it's definitely got a bit of a full flavour. Could be good mixed with the cascade and Amarillo mmm

I've decided to split them up. Today's brew will be a simple mash for a golden IPA, 8.5 lbs 2 row and the 1.5 oz 10 - 20 Cryztal
60- 1 oz Columbus
Split the Cascade (1.7 oz), Amarillo, and Neo in thirds and add them at 10, 5 and 0 min.
The other 2oz of Cascade I saved are for a dry hop.

US 05

Back