Can I siphon from keg to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SATXbrew

Reaction score
So I added an ounce of hop pellets in a tea ball to my keg to get some more aroma and have quite a bit a particles in the beer now. I don't personally care too much, but the beer is for a competition so I would like it to be a little more clear.

Is there any issue with using a siphon to bottle a few beers? The beer is already carbonated. I usually use a bottling gun type setup to bottle, but I figure siphoning from the top of the keg would help cut out some particles.

Thanks for any input!

You will most like get a whole lot of foam. I would suggest cold crashing it as cold as you can go, then crank the pressure up and blast all the little particles out that you can. Then counter pressure fill your bottles as you normally would. The rest of the suspended particles should fall out into the bottom of the bottles with time.

Yeah, I was afraid of something like that. It just didn't seem like it was the best idea. Thanks for the advice.

Back