Can i remove a commercial keg from fridge for awhile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricd7

Reaction score
Hello,

I have about 1/3 left of a full keg of Miller Light in my kegerator (don't flame me bro!). I don't have room to fit my first homebrew in that should be ready to drink! My question is, can I take the pressurized miller out and put mine in and then when the 5 gallons is gone (if my next batch isn't ready) will the Miller still be ok? Please keep all "pour the miller out" posts away from this thread ;)

Yep, will be fine (well, it should still be carbonated anyway). Don't put it where it can get hot or anything, but room temp for a while is fine.

Go for it. It should be fine. The CO2 will not come out, and I have never noticed any difference in taste with temp swings from finished beer.

I kinda thought it should be fine, but wanted to check before I wasted it. Can't wait to taste my first homebrew!

If you have a spare corny keg and can make a jumper, do what I did with a leftover keg. Transfer it into the beer out of the spare corny and then you should be able to fit both cornys into the same kegerator footprint of 1 1/2 keg. That way both stay cold and you can get your deposit back to use on ingredients sooner. Win/Win.

Latest posts

Back