Can I pull beer out of fermentation chamber ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home_alone1

Reaction score
I brewed a Saison 12 days ago and my final gravity has been at 1.000 for about 6 days now and the beer is cleaning up the off flavors as we speak . I’d like to brew again but don’t want to mess up the beer I just made . I’ve got it set at 84 degrees right now in my chamber and it’s only 65 in the closet I would move it to, should I hold off and brew in another couple weeks or move this to the closet and brew again ?

I would have only held peak fermentation temperature in a saison until terminal FG, then let it "finish up" at/near room temperature. Are there noticeable off flavors in the sample? I think you are fine to move it.

It's not like you are aggressively cold crashing your beer at 65 deg ambient. If you feel the yeast are still "cleaning up", some will stay in suspension at that temp.

From the details you have given, I'd be cold crashing the beer to near freezing and transferring it to a serving keg.

Your beer is at FG. Move it and free up your fermentor space.

Yeast create most flavors in the first three to four days of primary fermentation after that your only using temps to help the yeast clean up and stay active.

Your probably at more risk of creating off flavors by keeping the temp that high after you’ve hit FG.

Back