Can I dilute?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackiePaper

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've made a few batches of Kombucha now following the advice and guides on this forum. They've all turned out great and I have a very healthy SCOBY! So, thanks to everyone!

I let this current batch sit a little too long and it's a tad too vinegar-y. Is there any problem in diluting the kombucha with fresh tea (unsweetened) at bottling? I mixed some in a glass and it tastes great.

Thanks for the help!

Hi all,

I've made a few batches of Kombucha now following the advice and guides on this forum. They've all turned out great and I have a very healthy SCOBY! So, thanks to everyone!

I let this current batch sit a little too long and it's a tad too vinegar-y. Is there any problem in diluting the kombucha with fresh tea (unsweetened) at bottling? I mixed some in a glass and it tastes great.

Thanks for the help!

That should be ok, as long as the pH remains low enough. It will ferment some of the fresh tea, so make sure to put it in the fridge as soon as it carbs up to avoid explosions.

Great, thanks for the advice! I usually put it straight in the fridge after it builds up a little effervescence anyway.

It's not crazy sour, so I'm thinking something like 70/30. About the perception of the upper limit of sourness for a sour beer. Honestly, I would probably drink it like it is, but I think some other people will find it off-putting.

Latest posts

Back