Can I convert this?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've looked all over and cannot find any info on this. I know it's 36x24x24. I'm pretty sure it a Danby and looks like it should hold a keg.

That being said, can I convert it? Do you think it will hold 2 cornys and a CO2?

Found it online and seems like a great deal form the guy, but not sure if it would fit everything.

Anyone got any suggestions?

CL1.jpg

CL2.jpg

I would guess that you can fit 1 corny and a 5lb co2 in there if you take off the door panel. It looks like there is a molded hump on the bottom that would prevent multiple kegs. Your CO2 could sit in the back on the right, and the keg in the center, but I don't really see the space with that molding for two.

That's my worry. I know I can get one, but what's that fun in that?!?! I figured I'd have to take the molding off the door, but I was really just hoping it would work.

I've seen the Danby kegerator model and it looks very similar inside and it can hold 2. So I guess it was just wishful thinking?

You may not like that - the compressor may be too small for all that beer/space.

Go on the back side and look at the compressor model number. Try and search for the # of btus it can handle. I found a newer refrigerator and found its compressor was half the btus of the original one I have. Of course this depends on how cold you want to get it.

Latest posts

Back