Can I buy aplfelwein somewhere?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabwright

Reaction score
Thinking of starting one of these in an empty carboy...sounds sooo easy! I just wanna make sure I'll like it when it's done before I start a 5 gal batch! Thanks! Jill

Just go for it. 5 gallons of juice shouldn't cost more than ~$15. Even if you hate it, I guarantee you will find someone who likes it straight or cut with sprite.

Try looking for Original Sin Hard Apple Cider. It's lightly carbonated, so depending on if you are going to carb it or not, the taste/mouth feel may be similar.

Edit: I just looked at their website and they conveniently have a distributor locator, but nothing for Missouri...
Maybe there are other commercial products that taste similar. I've never had anything other than Original Sin. The ingredients listed on the bottle are "apple cider and champagne yeast", so it can't be too far off taste-wise.

One person I gave to compared it to Woodchuck. I took it as an insult, but maybe that is one place to start.

Back