Can cider oxidize?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopinista

Reaction score
I have a batch of apfelwein that's ready to bottle, only problem is my racking cane cracked in half.

I was wondering if I gently poured it into the bottling bucket if it would be okay? I'd never do it with beer just wondering if cider was different

It will. Save yourself the trouble and visit the local brew store

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Suck on one end with your mouth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

That's not a good idea due to bacteria and possible infection. Fill the tube with starsan then hold one end with a thumb. Place the other end into the fermenter. Place the thumb end low and release into a bowl or something Then release your thumb. The pressure/suction should be enough to create a siphon. Once it's cider in the hose, pinch it and transfer. Or let the starsan transfer too. It's not enough to cause issue.

Put one end of tube in carboy. Hold other end even with top of carboy so a drop loop forms. Fill loop with cider from carboy using wine thief, then drop in bucket.

Sent from my MB886 using Home Brew mobile app

Back