Can a brew sculpture be made from aluminum aluminum square tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majd

Reaction score
Hi,
Does any one know if aluminum square tubing can take the heat and the wight and beating of brewing?
Using aluminum square tubing could be a good idea to make light wight brew stand, and less color changing due to the heat of the burners. I know that it can be welded, but not sure about the heat and beating.

Any thoughts?

It can take all that. I still use aluminum turkey fryer pots as brew kettles. No worries

I would not use aluminum for flame-contact. It will deform/melt.
Aluminum fry-pot is a poor comparison.
Hot oil= 350 F.
Propane flame is easily 3000 F, and aluminum melts at 1400 F.

My stand is made from 80/20 extruded aluminum. In my design, I use 2" tall steel spacers to keep the burners above the level of the top of the 80/20 frame. The kettles sit on steel supports that also hold the burner mounts. Bottomline, is that the steel carries the hot stuff and the contact between steel and AL is minimal. The frame gets warm but not too hot to touch. If you search AL or 80/20 you'll find a picture or two of my stand.

Back