Can’t Find BCS-462 IP Address

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erniew

Reaction score
I am helping a friend that just bought a brewery with a BCS-462. I have connected via ethernet cable to the PC that was used with the BCS-462. I have been unable to find the IP address of the BCS-462. I have tried the BCS Finder with no success. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

shoot a message to @cyberbackpacker he is very familiar with them.

Here is an excerpt from the BCS documentation:

"

Setup​

The BCS should be connected via Ethernet cable to your network. It is configured by default to obtain an IP address via DHCP from your router. The BCS Finder will help locate the BCS on your network. Depending on your router, you may also be able to locate the IP address given to your BCS in your router interface. It may be helpful the know the MAC address of your BCS which is printed on the BCS case.

It is highly recommended to create a DHCP reservation on your router so the BCS will always have the same IP address. This setup is specific to each individual router, please check the manual for your router to learn how to set up a DHCP reservation. If the BCS is unable to lease a DHCP address, it will default to the 169.254.0.63 IP address."

https://docs.embeddedcc.com/

Latest posts

Back