Camo Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifthplanecomin

Reaction score
After discovering that a 20L keg in a standard single tap tower Kegerator wouldn't last us through a weekend anymore we decided to take our alcoholism up to a new level.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440489280.239163.jpg

Some random free freezer found on a used website. It's a Fridgedaire. Ummm I'll guess 10cf?

A 2x6 Collar was added on before masking some logos on hi-vis paint then camo'd it up.

Put in the usual 10lb tank on the hump.
Bolted some secondaries together as the co2 distro bank.
Basic 4" SS Shanks
630SS Taps
Johnsons A419

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440489666.583568.jpg

NO BARBS was my only must have. So it's all MFL connects and swivel nuts. All new never used kegs for that extra freshy fresh look...the five other used cornys are shunned into a basement corner for now.... It does fit six on the floor comfortably so the dirty old dented bastards will make their way inside with rotation.

3x 10ft lines and 1x 30ft line for craft rootbeer

Two more taps will be added but on nitro for SHMBO's wine and cider.

Still some cleaning up to do and some additional steps to painting....but she's good enough for now...

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440490478.498961.jpg

A Raspberry Pi is on order so I'll use a spare 32" LCD TV to display whats on tap below while also using it for a media centre.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440491779.306012.jpg

Maybe one day I'll nerd out enough to add a small touch screen with a RFID scanner, camera, flow meters and scales...but I'll need to sober up long enough to focus on those fine details. So maybe not...

With that paint I'm surprised you can find it...Bahahaha.

Camo joke aside: It does look pretty awesome! That's a killer paint job.

Tap handle insert meet Katana blade handle.
Ahhhh yeah.

IMG_1418.jpg

Three years later we find ourselves inside a < 800sqr ft apartment which was able to host this previously painted camo keezer but it had to eventually be taken apart, turned back into a deep freezer and gifted to a friend in need.

The next build could be this 7cf Keezer I found (GE Model #FCM7CKCD) that is already wrapped in Camo.
<Image below>

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 9.56.27 AM.png

Hopefully it'll be big enough to host 3x 20L Kegs and a 10Lb tank.

I've been searching for that pinned thread which detailed internal measurements.
Anyone got the link?

Last edited:
Yes, that one.
Thanks.

I ended up getting a LG 30" Bottom Freezer Stainless Steel Fridge yesterday instead.
I had a look at my measurements again and it would have been too tight in the spot for another Keezer build.

This used fridge will do just fine with 4x 20L's with wiggle room left over.
Plus I'll have enough spare parts to build something else.

Thanks again for the link.
Cheers.

Back