Camco element length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 78027

Reaction score
I am getting ready to finally build my electric brewery and am trying to decide which heating element to use. I only brew 5 gallon batches. I am looking at the Camco 2955 vs the Camco 2965. I don't think I really need the 5.5Kw element but they are both the same price so it would be faster coming up to temperature. The issue is my pot is 14" wide at the top with a slight taper. The elements are 13.7"long which leaves about 4 inches to the side of the pot. Is there any reason this would be a problem. I like the ULWD over the LWD, it would be great to use it if there won't be an issue.

As long as it fits, no issue at all.

Keep mind mind that people use these on much larger pots too.

Good luck!

Kal

I don't see how it will fit..If your pot is 14" in diameter at the top with a slight taper, more then likely it is like 12" at the bottom..My 8 gallon pot is of that dimension and there is no way a 13.7" long element will fit it..Or maybe I am missing something?

According to the description of the 2955 here , minimum tank diameter 15"..

Not sure where they got their info. We've been selling it for some time and the Camco 2955 will fit in kettles approximately 13.5" in diameter or larger.

Kal

Back