BW3 beer choices sux

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Blue Cow Cafe closed on Mondays. Resorted to going to BW3 instead. Tons of macro and wheat. Nothing strong or interesting...

At least the help is pleasing to the eye.

Bummer-Sandwich my good man. Make do with what you have... Its always a frightening moment to realize you just sat down at a place that has water-beer only. That split-second when you half-stand up and consider making a break for the door... been there. Hopefully they have something mildly interesting!

I hear Pabst won some sort of award... first place?

I would try Oberon because I've never had it... (Bells?) I've also not had a Newcastle on tap or in the bottle for over a year, so... I'd rather be in your shoes than at work right now!

My local BW3 had (has?) the DFH 60 minute IPA in bottles. I happen to know the owner, and mentioned that it was the best beer on their list - he said "that's not on the approved beer order list". Hopefully he listened to me and kept ordering it!

Newcastle on tap is actually good. It's the bottle that skunks it. And Pabst is the best water beer out.

Mine has an okay selection by bottle. They usually have 3 or 4 Great Lakes Brewing Co. by bottle. But that is all.

Last time they had an IPA.
Oh well, the Oberon is tasting real good. I'm not that picky in reality, even though I'm giving the waitress a hard time. (Or wish I was :)

Last time they had an IPA.
Oh well, the Oberon is tasting real good. I'm not that picky in reality, even though I'm giving the waitress a hard time. (Or wish I was :)

Had Oberon a few weeks ago and was not impressed at all. I enjoy a lot of the other Bells beers but that one didn't "tickle my fancy." I was at a BW3 a week or so ago and they did have Sam Adams Summer Ale on tap and I had a few of those to tide me over before I went home to better beer. I like others have said in another post here thought the Summer Ale had a different taste to it.

I don't go there often because the food is so bad, but the Highlands / Louisville KY restaurant usually has a pretty good beer list. But I would imagine the others in town, with the possible exception of St Matthews, don't.

I don't go there often because the food is so bad, but the Highlands / Louisville KY restaurant usually has a pretty good beer list. But I would imagine the others in town, with the possible exception of St Matthews, don't.

I wouldn't say their food is bad. Although I don't get anything besides wings from there. Granted there are a few other better wing places in my area but they are good.

I like Oberon. It's a good American Wheat beer. I had a few of the boneless wings on sale and was not that impressed. I guess I am not a fan of the breaded "wings". I'd prefer real wings, but they are expensive. They used to be something that butchers could barely give away, and now they are a prized portion of the bird.

It was pretty slow. Got to chat up the barkeep a bit, which is nice. I dislike going to the bar alone and just having a drink. Besides the cost, it's boring. At least BW3 has a trivia game to keep you entertained I guess.

And there was the whole Izzo going to Cleveland thing to argue about with the guys next to me.

I just wished they would get at least ONE strong beer or maybe two to choose from. The newcastle was pretty good, but not a very strong brown ale, and not a great choice to have with spicy wings.

I love how BW3 was able to rebrand chicken nuggets as boneless wings, and then charge a premium for it because of the name. The power of marketing at work, my friends.

BW3 has a better beer list than a lot of chain restaurants, but they are expensive.

I love how BW3 was able to rebrand chicken nuggets as boneless wings, and then charge a premium for it because of the name. The power of marketing at work, my friends.

BW3 has a better beer list than a lot of chain restaurants, but they are expensive.

+1 on the rebranding of chicken nuggets....all of the guys I work with ALWAYS order the boneless wings.."it cleaner and you get more meat", they say. I then tell them to hand over their man card, and just play with the toy that came in their happy meal! The BW3 in my area (OK), King state of the water beers also has newcastle on tap....I'm a big brown ale fan and it's the main reason I dine there (only place in town with it on tap). As for the other beers on tap...they push Lone Star real hard and say: "It's great if you squeeze 1/2 a lime in it" !?!?!WTF? No thanks, just bring me another tall newcastle and a game piece where I can play TX hold 'em, while my coworkers eat their chicken nuggets..

Yeah I never get the boneless wings. You used to not be able to beat their Tuesday wing night but it has got a little more expensive over the years.

Back