Buying grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bookem15

Reaction score
I am about to load up on my specialty grains and after buying some from my LHBS they are soooo expensive I just find it hard to support them. Where does everyone find the best prices (w/shipping) online? Another question I have is what are the specialty grains that you guys keep on hand for general all around recipes?

I'm partial to Brewmaster's Warehouse though I just use them for specialty malts. I get my base grains from the local homebrew club when they do bulk buys. Pretty hard to beat $0.78/lb for Crisp Maris Otter!

My specialty grains usually include C10, C20, C55, C60, SpecB, pale chocolate, roasted barley, acidulated, belgian biscuit, and flaked barley. That lets me make porters, stouts, nut brown ales, milds, and bitters which is primarily what we like to drink/brew. YMMV depending on what styles you prefer to brew.

I buy from brewmasters warehouse as well. Plus I live close so I don't have to pay shipping just pick up in store

Brewmasters warehouse seems popular, I will have to check them out. Also what is the difference between caramel 120 vs crystal 120

Back