buying fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Malone

Reaction score
I am about the start converting a couple kegs and I am certain I can piece together bulkhead fittings for cheaper than some of the online shops. I was wondering if anyone had ever used buyfittingsonline.com? the pricing is pretty good but I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and there service.

I can always use McMaster-carr, but for the nipples, streets, elbows and couplings I need, their pricing is a little better than even McMaster.

Just curious

thanks,
John

There are several members on the boards that offer fittings, I would support on of them....

I've had really good luck with buying from this Ebay Store:

Mainland Valve and Fitting Inc

And they will combine shipping on multiple auctions and ship flat rate.

Not sure that they will be a one stop shop. For example, their ball valve prices don't compare to Austin Homebrew ($12.99). But for nipples, couplers, elbows, and hose barbs, I haven't seen anyone cheaper.

Good luck.

Now, If i could find someone that dealt in cpvc.....they do not use it her ein brussels and I have a project just begging for it

I've had really good luck with buying from this Ebay Store:

Mainland Valve and Fitting Inc

And they will combine shipping on multiple auctions and ship flat rate.

Not sure that they will be a one stop shop. For example, their ball valve prices don't compare to Austin Homebrew ($12.99). But for nipples, couplers, elbows, and hose barbs, I haven't seen anyone cheaper.

Good luck.

I've gotten some stuff from them also. They are really good people and good prices as well

There are several members on the boards that offer fittings, I would support on of them....

I agree, and I would love to support them, but if the pricing is so dramatically different I have to at least consider the competitor. I think that is the point of being a consumer. To shop around and find the best value for my $$$...but again, I am merely looking for anyone who has experience with them bc they are so much cheaper than most on fittings in particular.

I've got all those fittings but just haven't added them to my site yet. I can't beat buyfittingsonline.com pricing. They must buy by the 1000s.

Is there anyway I can get a quote on some bulkhead fittings through you? I am definitely going to get the sightglass/thermometer combo once it is back in stock and a mashtun thermometer as well for these conversions. I'd like to know what you can provide.

Do you know where that review was? Any link to a thread about the service? I am just looking for insight..

thanks

Kind of an inside joke if you were following the progression of the thread.

Shoot Bobby a PM. He'll help you out with all the info you need regarding the fittings and stuff.

pieced together my bulkhead for a cooler conversion, then got my bulkheads from bobby for my keggles. So much nicer to just have stuff from someone that everything worked without cobbling it together. So i guess I would recommend bargainfittings

Mike

I want to make it clear...I have no issues with Bargainfittings. In fact, I think they are great and I plan to purchase some stuff through them. I am just having to purchase a lot of fittings (~$200 worth if I go thru bargainfittings) and I am trying to make sure I cant save some real cash by piecing it together. Some of the fittings on buyfittingsonline are 1/2 the price of bargainfittings.

I actually just did a comparison of Bargain fittings prebuilt weldless kits and what it would cost me to piece them together myself and after shipping from the different suppliers is taken into account, the difference is negligible. (or at least neglegible to me and not worth the extra effort when I can get the preassembled version with nearly no effort)

...and shipping is the key, most of the member vendors have some sort of flat rate shipping

you nailed it.
Shipping piece meal trying to save a few bucks here and there is not only a lot of work, it could end up costing more. You will also get support from the single vendor, and they go out of their way to not only find the cheapest fittings but also the best ones for the purpose, like larger ID barbs, etc.

J, I got your PM and will work out a price for you. Full disclosure here, I have used buyfittingsonline.com before for my own person rig before I ever thought to sell anything. I thought the service was just fine and shipping was quite fast only being a state away from me. The only downside that I'm aware of now is that all the fittings are a lot thinner than most other imports I've seen to date. In the grand scheme, I don't think it matters because we're using low/no pressure.

Once you get to the 10 bulkhead area, you're at package quantity for silicone gaskets and such so it MAY be cheaper to piece together. We'll see.

J, I got your PM and will work out a price for you. Full disclosure here, I have used buyfittingsonline.com before for my own person rig before I ever thought to sell anything. I thought the service was just fine and shipping was quite fast only being a state away from me. The only downside that I'm aware of now is that all the fittings are a lot thinner than most other imports I've seen to date. In the grand scheme, I don't think it matters because we're using low/no pressure.

Once you get to the 10 bulkhead area, you're at package quantity for silicone gaskets and such so it MAY be cheaper to piece together. We'll see.

That is fine. I just figured 'd start with you since I was buying sightglass/thermometer fittings from you as well.

Just let me know something and we will work it out.

Thanks again,
JOhn

I usually use BF and have had great transactions - pricing and fast shipping. The one time I used buyfittingsonline they did a drop ship for me that went very smoothly so no complaints at all.

Back