Buying beer kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riles8148

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction concerning beer ingredient kits...I just made my first batch today and it is an Irish red ale I purchased from northern brewer from Milwaukee, WI. What are some websites I can look into and what would be a great summer beer for my next batch

I strongly recommend http://morebeer.com/ they send what you order very quickly and have a pretty good supply in stock most of the time and every month they give discounts on certain items like last month was ingrediant kits this month is free shipping over 39 dollars, and they have a pretty good supply on items just a option though.

I happen to really like Northern Brewer, and think you probably did very well with a kit from them. I also like the kits at austinhomebrew.com, for both the quality and HUGE variety.

A good summer beer depends on what you like. I think a German Hefeweizen would be great for a beginner, but then so might be a Blond or a Pale Ale.

Northern Brewer, Midwest, Austin Homebrew Supply and Morebeer are some of the big guys. Williams Brewing also has some good extract kits. There are many others.

I live in Austin so I am somewhat biased towards Austin Homebrew, but they really do have great kits and tons to choose from.

As for a summer beer, may I suggest the AHS 20th anniversary pale ale. It's quite delicious, I tweaked mine a bit by adding some orange zest and dry hopping with falconers flight hops and it came out great with a awesome citrus aroma. I think you get a free pint glass right now with any of their anniversary kits. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back