Buying A Starter Kit ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashout

Reaction score
LOOKING TO BUY A STARTER KIT AND WHAT A GOOD KIT TO BUY? BRAND ?
WHAT A EASY BEER TO START BREWING ?:mug:

check out mid west or northern brewer, most all of the kits are the same (basic items needed). give some money to your LBS and buy from them!!! almost all the extract beers are easy to brew. don't pick a lighter beer at first it tends to not be as forgiving as the darker or more flavor packed beers. good luck.

I bought a True Brew kit, and it has served me well. I tihnk pretty much every brand is good, since they all have a handful of different options, which go from the most basic possible setup to a deluxe equipment kit. Really, it's hard to go wrong.

I agree with theatibrewer buy a kit from your local home brew store if you have one. They will help you and answer your questions as you learn the hobby. You just will not get that kind of support from mail order. Plus they will suggest things that could make it easier. And you'll get to meet others in your area with common interests. They also have an incentive to put you into a good kit as they want you as a repeat customer.

Back