Burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skepace

Reaction score
Anyone used one of these Bayou Classic burners? Found it on Craigslist for cheap but brew hardware.com says to not use a Keggle with it.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I have a bayou classic burner BP-10 or something like that. If its the round one I think the only reason you may not want to use a keggle on it is because the keg is probably about the same diameter as the round burner and it could slip off. With some common sense or ingenuity it should work great.

Anyone used one of these Bayou Classic burners? Found it on Craigslist for cheap but brew hardware.com says to not use a Keggle with it.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I use the Bayou Classic SQ84 model. It's adequate for 5 gallon batches. Not sure how good it would be for 10 gallon batches though.

Brewhardware says they're fine for keggles, so I assume you must be talking about the KAB4 model. That one appears to be unsuitable for keggles due the dimensions of the frame, not so much the burner itself.

I use a bayou classic and it works well as long as your kettle doesn't completely cover the frame. I got a new kettle that was 16" diameter and had to put some 1/2" rebar on top of the burner so the flame didn't blow out the sides. Use 3 pieces of rebar so your kettle won't roll of of the burner.

Back