New burners for my 3 tiered stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When we moved 5 years ago I found 2 burners, but where they came from I have no idea.
I had a leaking valve the last time I brewed so I decided to replace the burners while I had everything taken apart. Here's the new burner, and the old one is sitting on the side. Hopefully I'll be able to heat my strike water and hot liquor much faster and cut time off my brewing day.
20231206_122125.jpg

not sure what kind of kettle you are using. but valve and teflon connections seem a little close to the fire to me. after the valve probably dont need teflon just pipe threads. gas is at such a low pressure it will follow the easiest path.

not sure what kind of kettle you are using. but valve and teflon connections seem a little close to the fire to me. after the valve probably dont need teflon just pipe threads. gas is at such a low pressure it will follow the easiest path.
Teflon connection? Do you mean tape? I use kegs for kettles, I've used this stand since 2001.

The rusty burners look very similar to Bayou Classic BG12 elements, but they aren't from BC.
Have you fired up that 20 tip jet burner yet? I bet it's hella loud.

fwiw, it was fairly common to remove some of the jets and screw plugs in their place to "tune" the burner for the kettle size...

Cheers!

Back