Burner/BTU size for 5-10 Gallon Batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htm6934

Reaction score
I just finished building my brewstand based on the Brutus 10 and now looking to buy burners to start on the next phase of the build. If I am going by the Brutus plans, the burners that are most similar are from morebeer here. I also see a cheaper version here but not really sure of the quality. Based on the general calculations I see, the 92,000 BTU jet burner will handle a 5-10 gallon batch of beer. This particular burner also utilizes a low pressure regulator.

I keep reading different opinions about what burner will suffice for different size batches and I can't seem to find anything consistent. At the end of the day, I need three burners(pref jet burners) all the same size, shape, btu, etc. Will the burner from morebeer work for what I am trying to accomplish or am I going to struggle with boil time and time to heat to temp?

I have the 10 tip version of those burners, but I'm on Natural Gas. They have no problem getting 10 gallons of water to a hard rolling boil. If you use propane, I think you will get more BTU's than I do. Alot of people have had problems with the 23 tip burners, and end up converting them to 10 tip. So you might want to look into the 10 tip ones.

Back