burn marks inside keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmelms

Reaction score
I was polishing up one of my keggles yesterday and when I was done I noticed a few burn marks had appeared on the inside. I was wondering if there was a way to remove them? I know they wont cause harm to the beer, just looks bad. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bar keepers friend. You still have to scrub like crazy, but that stuff makes all my stainless cookware look like new... It's pretty amazing! Comes in a can like comet. Get it at any grocery store

Would love to see pictures of this.

How do you think the burn marks got inside when you were polishing the outside?

The burn marks were created by to much heat being applied to the outside of the keggle (to much grinding in a specific spot). I have polished 3 of them, so far this one was the roughest of them all. Therefore I had to go a little harder with the medium pad. I was too aggressive on a few areas resulting in heat transfering through to the inside wall of the vessel. Anyway...lesson learned. BKF worked great, stuff is boss! Thanks for the help.

Cheers

ForumRunner_20130612_151029.png

Back