Burgers and Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRLynch

Reaction score
Hey all, here's my shameless plug for my recently re-designed beer site. Let me know what you think, improvements I might make, and if you have a site that I can include in the links. Thanks for the look-see!

Burgers and Brews

You write well; it's an enjoyable read.

I find the abundance of text to be a bit daunting though. Perhaps you could give each review its own page, use a larger font and break up the paragraphs a bit. Visual appeal is very important in a website and yours could use a little more of it. Maybe you could use more photographs to go along with the reviews?

Good site. Keep it up :rockin:

Right, less words, more boobs. Got it ;)

Been working on the text size thing, but I started going crosseyed at the html, so I gave up. I'll look into it again tonight

SEXY layout...easy on the eyes...would suggest making the top banner a bit more productive, i.e. individual pages for restaurant/pub reviews, beer class reviews, blogs, etc. Would mean 28x the work to sort everything, but would make for a more streamlined review/browsing process. :mug:

SEXY layout...easy on the eyes...would suggest making the top banner a bit more productive, i.e. individual pages for restaurant/pub reviews, beer class reviews, blogs, etc. Would mean 28x the work to sort everything, but would make for a more streamlined review/browsing process. :mug:

A good idea, I've been looking into more generalized catagories to put things into, right now I just have them tagged by brewery name.

Also, I've abbreviated all the articles into summeries with links to the full article underneith, making it a little less wordy. Got the text size bigger too.

Remember, if you've got a beer site send me a link, I'll put it up. Links to non-blog sites coming soon (including HBT of course). Thanks for the input guys! It truly helps

Personaly, I would like to see a pic of the bottle and the beer in the glass also.
That way if you say golden and clear as can be, we can see what your talkin about.
Have fun with the pictures like a pic of pouring it into the glass..etc....Women with big boobs pouring it in a glass too would be freakin awsome....
Just an idea...

Women with big boobs pouring it in a glass too would be freakin awsome....
Just an idea...

Ran that one by the swmbo, she said 'no' before I finished the sentance. Then I told her it didn't have to be her boobs, I could have other boobs too... she didn't talk to me for a while after that ;)

Back