Bugfarm (ECY01) on Love2Brew.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They put some up this morning. I was lucky to get two vials before it was gone. It'll be back again. I have a feeling this was just the first small run.

I was wondering why it seemed to go so quickly, even though they've been known to do that when they pop up.

Well I was lucky enough to snag a bottle, could have been the last one! I'll bet your right - there's probably more to come.

I'm just curious what the difference is between Bug County 2014 and this Bug Farm... the descriptions are so similar. Perhaps it's only a minor change in bacteria strains, etc. Just really curious.

Man, that stuff goes quick.

Ditto to this...
I'm just curious what the difference is between Bug County 2014 and this Bug Farm... the descriptions are so similar. Perhaps it's only a minor change in bacteria strains, etc. Just really curious.

View attachment 253900

I found this info about the 2015 Bug Farm, which I think is completely different than the 2014 version. I was lucky enough to snag a vial so will need to get that going soon. The 2014 is chugging away and has tasted wonderful even after about 8 months.

Nice find! I wasn't able to get the 2014 Bugfarm but got some of the 2014 Bug County and used it in a lambic-type beer. Actually in the 'Sour American' recipe from Mike Tonsmiere's "American Sour Beers". I only just brewed that on 1/18 so I've got a while to wait.

Now I've got this, what to do.... what to do....

Anyone willing to send me like 1 or 2 ml of ECY? I'd be happy to send a self addressed stamped envelope to you with a 2ml vial. You could just put a drop or two in there and send it my way. I'd be very grateful.

Back