Bubbles in the air lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcore

Reaction score
Ok so I have my first beer ready to drink. My pressure is at 12psi. And after I poured a few beers I noticed co2 pockets. I poured another beer and watched as they built up again. I attached a pic. No it's not leaking beer or anything not sure if this is normal. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389491829.068968.jpg

They build up on the end were you pour and the other end were it attaches to the keg

I'll check the temp. This is what the line looked like when I went back out 20mins after I poured. It's the same at both ends
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389494373.807366.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389494394.125903.jpg

Yeah that looks like over-carbonation. That can happen from lines warming also, but thats pretty rare while inside a keezer/kegerator. The pour looks good though. Try lowering to 10psi and burping the keg. Is that glass freshly poured or after sitting a few minutes? Usually when overcarbed you get a s**tload of foam.

The glass is my second. So it isn't chilled anymore, but the pic was taken right after pour.

That tends to happen when force carbing goes a little too far. The force carbing tecnique that works for me is setting to 30 psi in the keezer for 72hrs and then bringing it to 10psi for a few days before drinking. Also, Google carbonation charts and you'll find a good pressure for your temperature. The good news is that you've got a good pour and beer in your hand.....and holy s**t that's a big glass!

fwiw, if you don't have a small fan constantly stirring up the air in your kegerator/keezer (especially keezer) there could easily be enough temperature differential between the bottom of the kegs (where the dip tubes draw from) and the beer lines up top. Stratification is easily eliminated with the fan, which will cut one factor out of the foaming line equation...

Cheers!

Back