Bubbles in my tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigafoos

Reaction score
I know that oxidation is bad, but when I was bottling this weekend there were bubbles in my bottling wand/siphon tube. I was bottling out of a bucket with a spigot, but I assume it's because the tube was too long and there was air in there when I started bottling. Is this a really bad thing, or a RDWHAHB kind of thing?

Yeah, RDWHAHB!
What kind of beer is it? Mabey if it was an imperial stout that you want to age for 6 months, then it might not be good. But I bet your beer's ok.

No worries.

As long as you didn’t really oxygenate your beer you’re fine. A few bubbles in the line won’t do that. Plus once the bottles start carbing, there will be so much CO2 that trace amounts of air will be pushed to the roof of the bottles and trapped by the blanket of CO2.

Iordz, it's a raspberry wheat. It's also going to be my first brew that I get to drink (I technically brewed my porter first, but I'm not bottling that until tonight), so I don't expect it to last long :)

Thanks for the reassurance.

Back