Brutus 10 gas pressure regulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookdawg

Reaction score
Howdy all... first post!

I'm in the final hour of my Brutus 10 build. I've hit a small wall though now that I'm ready to test it out. It seems that the gas pressure is not regulated correctly. I'm still researching this, but thought I'd post the issue to see if anyone has any insight.

My system uses the following:
3 jet burners- 8" 20 tip 150,000 BTU LP
2 Honeywell VR8200A2132 solenoid valves - specs on bottom of page linked
And I'm using 1.5" steel tubing rather than Lonnie's 2" tubing.

I'm using the regulator off of a King Kooker jet burner I got at ACE... so maybe I need to get a specific type of regulator? Any recommendations?

Attached is a pic of where my stand is currently in the build process... so close... a year+ in the making.

Cheers,
Brian

0df0657889cf11e2884a22000a9f1588_7.jpg

I think the King Kooker regulator is a high-pressure reg - specifically a 0-10psi regulator.

You, otoh, need a high volume 11" WC (~ 0.4psi) regulator. Most folks running multiple banjos on a low pressure rig (which is what your Honeywell valves require) recommend getting two-stage regulators...

Cheers!

Ill second day tripper. Get a 2 stage low pressure regulator. Marshall is a good brand, if you have an rv store near you they will have one. Find one rated at 180k or better.

Thanks guys... so I would need 2 of these then in line before each solenoid valve? Or just one right off the propane tank?

Latest posts

Back