Brownish stuff in fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam01

Reaction score
I've got a mini brew conical fermenter with some brownish stuff on the sides. It doesn't wash off. I can scrspe it off slowly with my fingernail. Any ideas to more easily clean it? No sanitation issues. Just unsightly.

inside or outside? Powdered Brewery Wash works great on Stainless. Inside just mix it with hot water. Outside, maybe dowse a rag in a batch of hot PBW wash and let it soak and wet it as needed to keep it wet for a while.

Brown stuff is on the inside...

I use Oxclean, but not with hot water. I haven't tried PBW (don't own)
I have BLC - would that work also ?

Is it stainless? a little EverClear might soften it up ;-) Depending on how pretty it is I bet Comet or Bar Keepers Friend would work (I've polished all my SS stuff with ScotchBrite pads so a little extra swirl just adds character)

Hot water and oxyclean should do the trick. Leave it overnight or so. Then use a realtively stiff brush while it's still got the liquid in it. There aint much that OxyClean won't break loose if it was organic to begin with...

Latest posts

Back