brewzilla

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock

Reaction score
hi new to this forum, i have a brewzilla made a batch of beer ,turned out funky.So i did some checks and the water temp was 6 degs higher than the display showed,how do i correct this any help would be nice thanks rock

You can calibrate the temperature reading. http://www.williamsbrewing.com/pdfs/J89.pdf
Follow the directions for "Calibrating the BrewZilla 3.1.1 at high altitudes"
Although it's discussed as the way to change the boiling point for high altitudes (for boil start timer purposes), what it really does is change the temp reading over a +-10 degree range.

Disclaimer: I don't own a Brewzilla, but have had some exposure to others' Brewzillas.

Welcome to the forum. I use more than one thermometer to ensure I get accurate readings. Ultimately I rely on a submersible dairy thermometer. I have thermometers on everything and rarely do they read the same. But the old dairy thermometer helps keep correct temps. It's sad to say that my Spike, Blichmann, Fermtap and a couple of no names all differ. Except the old reliable floating dairy thermometer.

Hi and welcome. You didn’t mention if you have a generation 3 or Gen 4 unit but a lot of people have reported similar issues with the gen 4. There are instructions online about how to do a 2 point calibration of your temperature sensor and there are several good threads here discussing some of the more common Brewzilla issues.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/brewzilla-gen4-discussion-tips-talk.702436/
Best of luck getting it dialed in.

Ultimately I rely on a submersible dairy thermometer. I have thermometers on everything and rarely do they read the same. But the old dairy thermometer helps keep correct temps. It's sad to say that my Spike, Blichmann, Fermtap and a couple of no names all differ. Except the old reliable floating dairy thermometer.
I’ve never heard of a dairy thermometer but it sounds like it’s the ticket. Any chance you could post a picture of it?

It is much like a candy thermometer however, a candy thermometer is for high temperature. The dairy thermometer temp scale ranges from 40 to 200 degrees. F. I keep it handy.
168450816763887972303049553324.jpg

16845080476004266144250590998237.jpg

hi new to this forum, i have a brewzilla made a batch of beer ,turned out funky.So i did some checks and the water temp was 6 degs higher than the display showed,how do i correct this any help would be nice thanks rock
What about the yeast type, quantity and ferment temperature as a cause for turned out funky.
But more info would be helpful esp what was funky about it?

Back