Brews for New Avenues 2019

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also most likely going to be proxy bidding for someone. Can't wait!

giphy.gif

So I am going to talk my wife into a weekend in Portland for this event. What does the tap list for GA look like? A good clean pilsner an option? She is not a big beer person, but loves to support charity.
I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. BFNA general admission is essentially everywhere else's VIP.

There’s a Pilsner Pavillion, so you will want for nothing.
This is thanks to LoPo87 noticing we had a lot of lagers on our list a few years ago, suggesting we put them all on at the truck outside, and my love of alliteration.

We're always striving to make GA better. Making sure a lot of quality silent auction items are available, most of the VIP kegs tend to last through the start of GA, the live auction happens during GA, we have entertainment outside, and of course the Wall of Beer.

God damnit, I missed this again... if anyone has an extra oysters event ticket lmk :oops:

Got my GA tickets.

We plan on flying in Friday evening and leaving Monday morning. Any suggestions for Air BnB (just me and the wife) or a nice dinner on Sunday night? We will for sure be hitting up Upright and Great Notion.

Got my GA tickets.

We plan on flying in Friday evening and leaving Monday morning. Any suggestions for Air BnB (just me and the wife) or a nice dinner on Sunday night? We will for sure be hitting up Upright and Great Notion.
Hit up teddyarrowhead for Airbnb

Eem would be a great dinner. Thai/American BBQ fusion. It's unreal good.

Got my GA tickets.

What kind of food?
Not to speak for teddyarrowhead but I’d suspect that’s a no go during that weekend. It is so busy for all of us that might be a stretch. It also might be reserved for Larry Legend!

We are foodies, minus seafood. Only thing we don't want is a steakhouse, coming from Dallas I have plenty of options. Our favorite meals in the past have been Hen of The Wood while visiting HF, a local steakhouse, and a local Moroccan spot.

Yeah, my house is a state of disarray around Brews, and the room I Airbnb is occupied that week anyway.

Regarding a nice dinner, this list should just be a sticky post in every Portland-related thread. I've been to all of them except for the high-end vegetarian/vegan places. I'm sure they're great, but as an omnivore, I just can't wrap my head around paying that much for a meal without animal protein unless there is some seriously mind-blowing molecular gastronomy and/or fermentation wizardry involved. Anyway, there is a wide variety of cuisines and price ranges on that list, and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions about any of them.

Where’s the best place to donate? My friend brought some bottles by, they’re at work right now but I can bring them wherever. I take it we shouldn’t take them straight to New Avenues? I’m just a few blocks from there.

Where’s the best place to donate? My friend brought some bottles by, they’re at work right now but I can bring them wherever. I take it we shouldn’t take them straight to New Avenues? I’m just a few blocks from there.
You can drop it off there.

Cheers!

BFNA would be benefitted by broadcasting this more aggressively/on all media platforms. Also, 2 VIPs including myself didn’t receive the email about 7/6.

That's odd about the emails not getting through. I'll have the crew look into it. You can still email [email protected] if you want to attend the share tomorrow.

Regarding the Caps & Corks Crew - it was posted on the Brews FB page on 6/26 in addition to the email. As for IG, that platform isn't great for delivering a lot of info, not to mention trying to link to anything in posts, but perhaps we'll try to craft a post in a way that'll work. We'll do follow-up posts on FB as well.

Hey everyone - if you're in town, come down to World Foods in the Pearl this Thursday from 8-11p. We're doing a tap takeover with Great Notion, Modern Times, Ruse, and Upright. Brews Chef Connor doing some tasty food to pair. All proceeds go to New Avenues.

Also, we're starting to tease the live auction items on the social medias. First one just went up on FB (the 3F experience is back!).

Is there anywhere in Bend we could possibly drop a case off to donate?

Back