Brews for New Avenues 2016, save the date...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 2 day shipping beer from Boston to pdx is really really really expensive! Hope everyone bids these up!
Should be some fun mix 4 packs from trillium canned this week! One, I think, is a brand new one!

Probably would have just put those cans in a USPS Priority flat rate box, honestly

Probably a long shot, but does anybody know of any spare VIP tickets? Hoping to get one for myself. Planned a last minute trip to Portland for my birthday and found out about the festival last minute. Happy to meet up IP wherever, cover face value and throw in an awesome thank you beer.

All three events I attended (OG, VIP, and general) had to have been some of the best put together and well run beer events I've ever been to. Incredible vibe all around and distinctively not "beer festy". Everyone seemed to know what they were there for and acted accordingly. Food was awesome too.

I love you all!
None of this would be possible without your support and donations.

Thanks so much! We strive to improve each year and this one was a ton of fun. Numbers are coming in soon, but we earned as much in our live auction as we did in year 1 total!!!

Really amazing how the beer community comes together for a cause that is really important to us (cavemanlawyer teddyarrowhead LoPo87 ).

Cheers and see you next year!

great event yesterday! although we tried to eliminate the buy it now "deals" that some people snagged asap last year, there were some pretty good scores with minimal bids this year. Veritas 16 for $60, seven bottle vintage HotD set with 2011 Adam FTW for $100 (only one bid!), DDG b2 for $130, 2012-2015 Sahalie (five different batches) for $150. **** was great. good times had by all.

I had a conversation with Mr. Kramer, and he said he did not attend nor did he have any mules come to the event. He was facilitating that razzle for someone else. He did not take that particular one down because money had already changed hands, but said he refused to put up several others after my request and explaining the situation.

BFNA certainly benefits from the existence of a secondary market for beer and the knowledge derived from that market. Obviously, I think there is a big difference between using that market in the instance of our event where breweries and individuals donate to us and 100% of the proceeds go to a great cause vs. immediately flipping bottles for massive personal profit.

What's particularly shameful in this instance is that those beers were specifically commissioned to directly benefit homeless, at-risk, and foster youth in Portland. I realize it can be a bit of a shitty place out there in the beer world lately, but why any individual would purchase extra bottles of those beers and immediately think, "Hey, I can make some money off of these!" is just beyond me. If someone finds a 'deal' at our auction and decides to flip bottles, I don't particularly like it, but I'm not going to raise the issue with anyone. When we have collaboration beers specifically made to benefit the cause and individuals are making money flipping them, that disturbs me. Shitlords gonna shitlord I guess.

On a happier note, I just want to echo Digita's sentiments - THANK YOU ALL! We set what I thought was a pretty ambitious goal of $100k this year, and we completely crushed it. Every year we think about how can we possibly top the last one, but the generosity of the beer community the world over continues to amaze me! Save the date for next year on August 19th!

Additionally, we still have a handful of cases of each de Garde/AltBrau/BFNA Avenue No. 1 & Avenue No. 2 remaining. If you are interested in purchasing (you'll need to have someone in Portland who can pick them up/ship them on your behalf), shoot me a PM and I'll send you instructions.

I have issue with people buying just to flip. Takes the fun out of the event, and really isn't what it is about. I overheard a couple conversations around the silent auctions about selling that made me mad. I can gather broadly what the conversation is about, but color me clueless otherwise. Can someone fill me in?

I have issue with people buying just to flip. Takes the fun out of the event, and really isn't what it is about. I overheard a couple conversations around the silent auctions about selling that made me mad. I can gather broadly what the conversation is about, but color me clueless otherwise. Can someone fill me in?

Honestly, you are better off just ignoring this stuff. Like teddyarrowhead said, Shitlords gonna shitlord. The other 96% are great people.

Beer has become pretty ridiculous around here (thanks to all of us) and this event is the only time that I am happy to see these prices. If your primary goal is to enrich yourself then you are doing it wrong and you are missing the point of this event; helping someone out who is less fortunate than you. I certainly hope these people figure it out.

I would like to say thanks to the organizers, New Avenues employees, and volunteers for all their hard work. It was a great event and continues to be a positive force in the local and international community. I can't wait for the next one!

Yeah. I always spend too much, buy too much, donate too much. and have too good a time. Always catching up with friends I have not seen in a while, and giddy seeing what all my donations go for. I always pick up stuff as the year goes by specifically for this. Happy to help, and love the people involved and what they do. Thanks everyone! Just don't like the shitlord attitude... where did that word come from? So much I miss out on, lol.

A friend of mine was using the word "shitlord" to describe people long before I ever heard it ascribed to people from the beer community. Fairly certain it has nothing to do with Dark Lord Day.

A friend of mine was using the word "shitlord" to describe people long before I ever heard it ascribed to people from the beer community. Fairly certain it has nothing to do with Dark Lord Day.

But it would be so metal if it originated at DLD.

Anyone in the PDX area able to pickup/ship some BFNA bottles? Could do a gopickitupformebro in return from my New England trip coming up.

If anyone is looking for someone to ship any of the Avenue 1 or 2, I will be your huckleberry.

This event was a blast and it was incredible to see the outpouring of support for this cause.

The degardebrewing beers were fantastic and if you want a chance to support this awesome cause, this is a great chance to do so. Just pm me and teddyarrowhead and I'd be happy to make it happen.

Back