Brewpi Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xico

Reaction score
Hey all, I am reaching out to this community as the Brewpi is touch and go for answers. Seems there are 5 questions asked for every one that is answered. I purchased a pre-fab brewpi spark and I am wishing I hadn't about now. I have sunk at least two dozen hours into trying to get the script up and running and I am currently looking at my fourth fresh install of the OS on my screen so I am back to step 1, again.

What is the point of buying something pre-made if it isn't plug and play?
I don't mean to be brash, I sincerely want to know if it is simply housing and assembly or if there is any firmware set up initially?

I thought this would be easy and at no point did their site warn me that this process will be arduous to anyone who is not comfortable with manually setting up hardware on linux.

So I am reaching out to this resourceful and receptive community to get some help. I have tried their step by step process, both automated and manual installations and I turn up empty handed with a couple hundred dollars light in my account with nothing but frustration and wasted time to show for it.

Can anyone explain the easiest process to me? Is everyone who gets this thing already computer people?

[edit] Elco has extended himself recently and I will hopefully get some answers. If there is any discussion followed in this thread I will follow up with any progress.

Xico--have you had any luck with your install?

I am having the same issue. Just started another topic on the software forum looking for help.

Back