BrewNanny - What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say one thing, which may or may not be a relief to backers, in the update photos you can see some (seriousish?) investment. If this is truly a complete scam IMHO this wouldn't exist.

I can't believe he took an opportunity to apologize and turned it into a "you guys just don't understand business/ how hard I have it" moment.

I can't believe he took an opportunity to apologize and turned it into a "you guys just don't understand business/ how hard I have it" moment.

That's not the first time he had an opportunity to apologize to the people who backed him with their money... A few months ago he went on a rant against his backers... His Jan 23,2015 post was a manifesto on how to crap on the people who have waited patiently and backed him with a lot of $...before you read it understand that up to that point he was stalling with other updates before like the prior one 12/23/14 "Shipping Daily", or 12/4/14, "Delivery Status", or 11/14/14 "Final Project Update", and even going back to 05/24/14 "Delivery Update". He might have a great idea as some people call it, but a great idea that hasn't materialized is nothing more than an idea not worth any $.

We still don't have a single instance of a) anyone actually getting one; or b) one actually working. I have lots of random parts, wires and bolts in my basement and garage. If i told you i was making time machines in my workshop, what would be more important. someone actually seeing the time machine (or even video of the time machine working)(or even a report of someone seeing the time machine work), or a bunch of photos of random parts in my basement?
he has repeatedly said he has been shipping for at least 6 months. Not a single one has ever been confirmed. not a single shipment. not a single review of one working. not a single video of it doing anything.
In January, he said the hold up was that they tried shipping so many of them that the shippers could not pick up enough of his packages. Surely in the last 4+ months, one of these packages could be picked up.
I would love to see the project work. but come on.

I have lots of random parts, wires and bolts in my basement and garage. If i told you i was making time machines in my workshop, what would be more important. someone actually seeing the time machine (or even video of the time machine working)(or even a report of someone seeing the time machine work), or a bunch of photos of random parts in my basement?

Only thing that could save this project would be if you actually got started on that time machine so the backers could get their BN quicker... :D

the-nerdvana-annihilation-full-9.jpg

That's not the first time he had an opportunity to apologize to the people who backed him with their money... A few months ago he went on a rant against his backers... His Jan 23,2015 post was a manifesto on how to crap on the people who have waited patiently and backed him with a lot of $...before you read it understand that up to that point he was stalling with other updates before like the prior one 12/23/14 "Shipping Daily", or 12/4/14, "Delivery Status", or 11/14/14 "Final Project Update", and even going back to 05/24/14 "Delivery Update". He might have a great idea as some people call it, but a great idea that hasn't materialized is nothing more than an idea not worth any $.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm am in no way shape or form defending this guy. He deserves everything that comes out of this. I just wanted to try and ease the souls of the folks that may not have recourse for money back.

We still don't have a single instance of a) anyone actually getting one; or b) one actually working. I have lots of random parts, wires and bolts in my basement and garage. If i told you i was making time machines in my workshop, what would be more important. someone actually seeing the time machine (or even video of the time machine working)(or even a report of someone seeing the time machine work), or a bunch of photos of random parts in my basement?
he has repeatedly said he has been shipping for at least 6 months. Not a single one has ever been confirmed. not a single shipment. not a single review of one working. not a single video of it doing anything.
In January, he said the hold up was that they tried shipping so many of them that the shippers could not pick up enough of his packages. Surely in the last 4+ months, one of these packages could be picked up.
I would love to see the project work. but come on.

Well the pictures show more then crap in his garage don't they? They show an organized workshop with part containers and work fixtures that make complete sense for that particular stage of production. If you showed those pictures of your time machine production facility.... Lol, like I said not defending the ****** and I will never buy one just based on his attitude. Seriously, not outsourcing PCB assembly because the unhappy older ladies do a better job?? Wow, all those other electronics manufactures are way screwed up.

I bought a Stoker BBQ controller recently I'm pretty sure that guy makes them in his garage.Its the coolest gadget to have for long BBQ's, but before I bought I did some research. It looked like he had a rocky start in the reviews with customer service and getting the units out, but it only took him a month to fix all of that. He now picks up the phone personally and helps you with any problems and is on top of his game if he gets backlogged on orders. I believe he never used crowd-funding to start his company either. In my opinion crowd funding funds more irresponsible people for there so called "business" rather than doing it the old fashion way and going to a bank with a business plan.

Sorry I just went on a multiple rant there... haha

Wow, that looks like a high tech solution searching for a problem to solve. I think I will just spend the money on more grains and hops and stick with my low tech solution.
30.gif
57.gif
Seriously? This is like the 4th time this exact message has been posted, and with the exception of the first instance, it has posted by a brand new user with a Scramble draw user name. Is there some sort of competing device that someone is developing that would motivate them to keep posting the same thing again and again? I tried to find the other instances, but all appear to have been deleted except the first, but they can still be found using search.

1st

Wow, that looks like a high tech solution searching for a problem to solve. I think I will just spend the money on more grains and hops and stick with my low tech solution.

I skimmed it for a bit, & it looks a heck of a lot like a family-run operation. At the very least, it's poorly run or thought out. It seems to me they should've been doing all this before advertising or selling them. At least on some prototypes to get it standardized.

Reading the update, it's pretty obvious this Kickstarter was based solely off of someone's random idea or prototype, and not off an actual working model.

I saw this too and thought the same thing. I usually ferment in a keg. I'm sure it could be adapted to it. I would have pulled the trigger on the early bird price.
57.gif
30.gif

Reading the update, it's pretty obvious this Kickstarter was based solely off of someone's random idea or prototype, and not off an actual working model.

Yes, that's often WHY people do kickstarters...

In this case he was not willing to send "prototypes" out to the kickstarters supporters and did not anticipate the problems of starting up production.

Neither of those by themselves are a big deal, but he REALLY should have communicated these things the whole time. People are generally very understanding about problems getting production going vs not hearing anything at all.

Maybe they should have renamed it, 'The Duke Nukem Fermentation Tracker"

I like the photos, with the monies raised it looks like they would spring for a newer oscilloscope or at least buy the lady a stool.

Haha wow people are ripping apart his posts on Facebook, one guy especially. Love the mothers day one.

You can definitely see someone has deleted almost all of the comments on Facebook.

I saw this too and thought the same thing. I usually ferment in a keg. I'm sure it could be adapted to it. I would have pulled the trigger on the early bird price.
109.gif
42.gif

why does this tread keep generating the same quote by different new users.

why does this tread keep generating the same quote by different new users.

Spambots now have the ability to copy paste comments from previous posters to make them appear to be legitimate users.

If you guy see this happening, please use the REPORT button below and we will make sure they are spammers and knock them the F out!

I noticed that myself, but didn't think of the spambot thing. Haven't seen those in a while. I'll keep my eyes open from now on...

Does he still owe anyone money that is still seeking a refund?

Not sure how many have received a refund , but thanks to my CC company I can say at least 1. Note to self - NEVER back another Kickstarter project again!

For those of you that need some encouragement and have backed this KS floating turd or purchased on the brewnanny website you should contact your credit card company NOW. Why pay for something that doesn't exist? Either you'll get your money back or they will pull their heads out of their a**es and poof the BrewNanny's will finally be made available... Either way you win.

I purchased one, not through KS but through website, back in November. I've pee'd away more money than that on stupid stuff on the weekend...LOL...so I'm going to wait and see what happens for the sole purpose of being able to report to my friends here on HBT how it functions, how long it took me to obtain it, and it's capabilities in comparison to standard measuring techniques, etc. Of course this all hinges upon actually receiving it. I have received several e-mails lately from them indicating they are preparing to ship. I'm calling bullsXXT and I'll believe it when I see it.

Just been skimming through this thread. I thought this "product" was $250, but I see the price is $498 and it is sold out until June 1st? WTF? Guess I'll just have to take that money and spend it on airlocks.

Wow, didn't release that air locks were so cheap!! For the price of a Brew Nanny, I can buy 334 airlocks!!! Holy crap this is awesome!

But where the hell am I going to store 334 fermentors???? :D

Back