Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys closed for the holidays? Placed a order on the 26th and theres no update yet?

I know they were there today, I stopped by this morning and wasn't impressed with the "showroom". Lots of empty, dusty shelves. They must depend on their internet sales to keep them going. I have heard that they have great shipping rates and quick turn around time. I'll stick with my local Brew Shop.

I would like to give them a big thanks for sponsoring The Brewing Network shows. I really like their shows.

I know they were there today, I stopped by this morning and wasn't impressed with the "showroom". Lots of empty, dusty shelves. They must depend on their internet sales to keep them going. I have heard that they have great shipping rates and quick turn around time. I'll stick with my local Brew Shop.

I would like to give them a big thanks for sponsoring The Brewing Network shows. I really like their shows.

The holidays at my local place leads to empty shelves. I was just wondering about it because usually everything is super fast from them

They are always restocking. The way I like to shop there is to order online and pick up. Super fast in and out that way. Remember that they built their business on online sales so no surprise that is what they focus on a lot. Inventory control is one area where they could use some improvement though. Generally good prices and good people though.

the holidays are always rough on store like Brewmasters. They sell a HUGE volume online and have a large local customer base as well. Also like any store, they are at the mercy of their distributor on restocking. They'll be back at good stock levels soon.. happens every year.

It's also a good way of know that your getting fresh stuff! Ed's never done me wrong, I'd rather know the turnover means my grain, sugar or extract hasn't been sitting there for years!

Very happy with my orders from BMW and getting ready to order again. I screwed up 2 of my malts on my last order, emailed them and they corrected and shipped my order very promptly. Aside from the great customer service, I also like that my order gets shipped from Georgia since I'm in Florida.
Keep up the great work Brewmasters!!! :)

I love BMW. Everyone there has always been super helpful and friendly. I usually order online and do instore pickup so I know when my order is ready. Any time I have a question they never seem like its a dumb one or a burden to answer it.

I decided to place another order with BMW to give them another chance. So I placed the order on Wednesday night which included 16 separate items ( 4 different yeast, 3 hops, and 9 grains of various sizes ) and it is on the Fedex truck less than 24 hours later and I should get it on Saturday.

Outstanding!!! Nice way to start off 2013...keep up the good work.

Very happy with my first order from them. Timely, and my instructions were perfectly followed.

Unfortunately I think I may have just placed my last order with BMW. I'm not sure what the hold up is but it is a simple grain bill for an English Mild recipe with grains uncrushed. Along with that is 2oz of Campden tablets and a 5lb tub of One Step sanitizer. I placed the order on 1/2, called 3 days ago when it was still in Pending Status and the guy said they would get it out that day. It is now 3 days after the phone call and it is still in Pending Status. I only do 1-2 recipes per month so I know it's not a lot of business they are missing out on. But I wanted to post this here so they could see one reason they are losing a customer.

I love the Brewbuilder, have saved a few recipes there hoping I could just add them to my cart and checkout down the road. But the fact that it takes this long to get a simple grain bill put together and shipped out has really turned me off. I haven't received any email communication or phone calls about my order so it is quite frustrating logging into their site and still seeing it in the same status day after day. I work in sales as well so I know that feedback is important, it only helps to improve business. But for me this caused too much frustration when there are many other suppliers such as Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer, Midwest Supplies, etc. that have never taken more than 2 days to get a simple order out the door.

I hope this helps BMW, you have a great site and BrewBuilder tool, but the slacking on the back end has caused me to move on.

Sorry to hear that some folks have been having trouble with BMW. I ordered 3 recipes over the holidays, they shipped 2 of them the day after I ordered (they ran out of Munich on the third). The third was shipped out within 4 days. I did get an email stating that my order was delayed and wanted some direction on how to proceed (hold it all or ship in two separate orders). Since I wanted to start my starter, I asked them to split it up which they did. I've had VERY good luck with ingredients with them, and I'll continue to order from them. It sounds like they're trying to work on their inventory management, which is good.

My experience with them is generally only ingredients, but I have nothing but good things to say.

Yeah I called them again today and now the guy says the 2oz of Campden tablets are not in stock and wont be for a few days/weeks so he asked if I wanted to wait, ship the rest now or cancel the tablets. I cancelled the tablets. I just don't get why the first guy didn't tell me those weren't in stock??? This just happens too often so that was the last order I'll be placing with them.

I placed my first (and maybe only) order with Brewmasters on 1/6/13. One of the items is a Polar Ware False Bottom, which I understand ships direct from the manufacturer. I also ordered a bazooka filter for my mash tun and a few pkgs of dry yeast for my standby supply. BMW emailed and said that they would forward shipping info on the false bottom. I also received an email that the bazooka filter was out of stock and would be in 'next week'. Checked back and was told another week for the filter and no info on false bottom being shipped. Last week they did not even respond to my latest inquiry. Three weeks now and zero product.

Sad, but BMW is probably the closest thing to a LHBS I have...an hour drive...but was hoping to find someone with good customer service that I could order from and recieve quickly or drive to when in a hurry.

Even if I receive all this coming week, I feel I wasted $110. It would have been worth the extra $10 to have already received from another supplier.

What's going on with Brewmasters Warehouse? I ordered on 1/28 and have sent them 4 e-mails with zero response. I called and left a voicemail and still no response. I have ordered from them a dozen times now and this has never been an issue. Unfortunately, this may be my last order.

I have been using BMW for years now. Sometimes the shipping is faster than other times, but most of the time its quick.

lately though it seems they are really busy. My last order I never received shipping information until I inquired. I have also asked a few random questions and have not heard back.

This isn't enough to make me leave them yet, but glad to hear it wasn't just me.

After 4 e-mails, 4 phone calls, and 2 voicemails (with no response from either), I finally got through to find out that they haven't even got to the orders placed on 1/28 and that it won't ship til early next week (maybe?). I would much rather pay slightly higher prices from another vendor than to have poor service and unreasonably long shipping delays. I'll be looking at AHB and morebeer from now on.

I've been going with MoreBeer for about 2 years now. For the first year or so they were super-slow in getting their orders out the door. I accepted that because they're prices were great and they ship free for orders over $60.00. MoreBeer's customer service has improved during the past year, they get their orders picked and out for shipping much faster, and they always seem to send the right ingredients and the correct amounts.

At one time it seems to me that a fairly highly placed member of the BMW staff would post helpful information on this forum. Of course my memory isn't always 100% these days.

I've tried BMW for a couple of orders and they were both delayed for out of stock items. I thought I'd try them one last time for a simple order; Maris Otter. A day later, "We are out of Maris Otter." This is a basic malt ingredient! You call yourself a "warehouse?" Maybe we should rename you, "Brewmaster's Shed." It has now been a week. You could have driven to Atlanta and bought some sacks of Maris Otter at your LHBS.

After this I placed another order at a "Southern" company and it was on my doorstep within 48 hours. Goodbye Brewmaster's Shed! Advertising ingredients and then not telling you they are out of stock until after you pay is bad business.

I took almost a 2 year break in brewing and before my break I ordered 10 orders from BMW which I can remember almost always shipping within 1-2 days. What's nice is I'm a 2 day point via Fedex. I also love the brewbuilder.

After starting up again I've placed 2 orders. The first didn't ship for a couple days, made a call and they said the were behind on orders. A couple more days and I call them to find out the whole order was held up by a $2 bag of whirlfloc tablets. They shipped the order minus the tablets but at this point I had to postpone a brew day.

The second order ($100 order of 2 recipes) I placed and knew to call after a day or two if I wanted to brew by the weekend. This time they were out of Kent hops, WLP940 yeast, 5.2 PH stabilizer and a #10 drilled stopper. I subbed Willamette hops and they shipped one of the recipes so I could brew which was nice of them but I'm still waiting for the second half of the order, will probably be a 2 week lapse by time they get the second half out.

I really hope this isn't the new norm for them as I never had these problems before.

I'm starting to get pissed at Brewmasters Warehouse at the moment. I have used them pretty much exclusively for the last few years as my source for grains, hops, and yeast and it usually has been a good experience. For the first couple years I was receiving my orders within two to three days of placing them. I was getting emails letting me know that my order was shipped. If my order was going to be delayed, they let me either know through email or by phone.

The last item is really making me angry. I placed an order for a recipe for an English Mild posted on this site. There are a total of 5 ingredients - Marris Otter, Caramel 60, Chocolate malt, fuggles, and WYeast 1968. It is not a complicated or unusual order. So why, having placed this order on Tuesday, February 5th does my order status still say "Pending". I haven't received an email saying why they've delayed shipment, but they certainly had no problem processing my credit card within hours of placing the order.

BMC used to be a great HBS store with great service. The website was always a little clunky and items were not listed as being out of stock - but I could live with that. I'm done with them until they get themselves together again. I don't know if it is new management or if the previous ownership isn't around as much, but its inexcusable. My next order will be elsewhere.

I'm starting to get pissed at Brewmasters Warehouse at the moment. I have used them pretty much exclusively for the last few years as my source for grains, hops, and yeast and it usually has been a good experience. For the first couple years I was receiving my orders within two to three days of placing them. I was getting emails letting me know that my order was shipped. If my order was going to be delayed, they let me either know through email or by phone.

The last item is really making me angry. I placed an order for a recipe for an English Mild posted on this site. There are a total of 5 ingredients - Marris Otter, Caramel 60, Chocolate malt, fuggles, and WYeast 1968. It is not a complicated or unusual order. So why, having placed this order on Tuesday, February 5th does my order status still say "Pending". I haven't received an email saying why they've delayed shipment, but they certainly had no problem processing my credit card within hours of placing the order.

BMC used to be a great HBS store with great service. The website was always a little clunky and items were not listed as being out of stock - but I could live with that. I'm done with them until they get themselves together again. I don't know if it is new management or if the previous ownership isn't around as much, but its inexcusable. My next order will be elsewhere.

That's a brutal Freudian slip.

Meh - It's February. Usually the time of year the newbies finish up their first kits from Christmas, fire up Netflix to watch Beer Wars, and begin the never ending BMC/"Craft" beer wars.

Darwin18 said:

I'm having the same problem. Ordered over a week ago and was just shipped out Friday. Emailed them, no reply. Called them, lied straight to my ear and said would be shipped out last Tuesday. Continually got the run around every day after. Took them less than 30 mins to take money out my account though. Wouldn't be surprised if my grain come in as diarrhea in a box. Totally disappointed and will never buy from them again, I'll pay the extra for shipping from anybody else. Brewbuilder on the website is kinda cool but that's about the best thing about these bums.

I am unfortunately having a completely different experience !
I placed my order on Friday at 8:00 a.m. My order status has said pending ever since. I called yesterday to check on the order, to make sure the problem wasn't on my end. I was brushed off when I called, was told well it will stay "pending" until it ships. No do you have the order number so I can check it for you or let's look up the order and see what the holdup is. I live in Fl. and have read great reviews of this supplier so I was excited to order from a shop that was fairly local. I have ordered from other large Internet brew shops ( AHS, Morebeer , and Bells) all of these were out standing and would have shipped my order by now or at least updated me on what the hold up is .
Totally Bummed Out !

I am unfortunately having a completely different experience !
I placed my order on Friday at 8:00 a.m. My order status has said pending ever since. I called yesterday to check on the order, to make sure the problem wasn't on my end.

Wait, you placed an order on a Friday, and called Monday to find out what the hold up was? Or was it two Friday's ago? These guys usually ship quick if they have everything in stock, and I normally get an email within a few days if something is not in stock. Try emailing maybe?

I received an email from BMW this morning, one full week after placing my order, stating that they were out of stock for two items: Fuggles, and Wyeast 1968. The Wyeast 1968 being out of stock is something that I can understand, to a degree, but being out of stock on fuggles is unacceptable in my opinion. This is a commonly used hop but it isn't a hop that is in vogue right now like Citra. Being out of stock on fuggles seems to be a failure of management. Apparently they will be back in stock possibly by the end of the week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad BMW emailed me to let me know the order was being delayed. However, they should have done this last week, when I placed the order! Also being out stock on some of these items is unacceptable. The business name has "Warehouse" in it, not "Limited Quantities of Common Ingredients".

Next time I'll give another vendor a shot so long as they'll sell grain in increments smaller < 1 lb.

Wait, you placed an order on a Friday, and called Monday to find out what the hold up was? Or was it two Friday's ago? These guys usually ship quick if they have everything in stock, and I normally get an email within a few days if something is not in stock. Try emailing maybe?

Check the vendor review forum that is at the bottom of the main page. Several other people, including myself, are having problems with communication and delays in shipment from BMW. This vendor used to be tremendous but it took them a week to email me that they were out of stock of Fuggles. FUGGLES!! However, they certainly had no problem processing payment within hours of my placing the order. Is there new management at BMW? It seems like service there has gone down hill big time in the last few months.

I just hope BMW sees these posts. There were pretty much my exclusive online vendor, but if service keeps going downhill I may change.

Throwing my two cents in just in case BMW reads these posts...

I've also been using BMW exclusively for the past couple of years. I love the convenience of being able to build a recipe using their software in a few minutes, then having the grain show up at my door pre-measured, perfectly crushed, and sealed up in heavy-duty bags. The service is outstanding when they're running well.

But I agree that their service isn't as good as it was in the past. Now when I place an order there's a 50/50 chance that they're out of something. I can understand running out of items sometimes (although running out of Maris Otter is kind of ridiculous), but the worst part is not finding out until 2-3 days later when they get around to processing the order. They always give the option of shipping the missing item separately, but by that point I have to reschedule my brew day. I sometimes call right after placing an order to find out when the order will be shipped and if anything is out of stock, but that's really annoying for me, and probably for the employees as well.

I want to keep buying from them. But with every "out of stock" email I receive 3 days after placing an order, I get closer to quitting my BMW addiction. Supposedly they're updating their inventory system, so until that happens I may just shop elsewhere.

I've been having a similar issue with BMW (finding out after I've been charged that items are out of stock), I tend to order things a week to two weeks before I "need" them though, however they are very communicative with me about out of stock/backordered items. They still have a better selectiona nd availability than my LHBS not to mention the prices are better as well.

*update*

My order shipped today and tracking says it will be arrival will be Friday . So, one week total. Not exactly the magic that I have been reading about in the thread , but I can't complain about a 7 day turn around.

Lesson learned : If ordering don't wait till the last min to order , plan a week or two ahead . Otherwise walk into your LHBS and walk out with your recipe.

Slightly off topic but every time I go to my LHBS they are out of something too. The good part about shopping at the LHBS is they help you find a substitute right then and get you on your way.

Maplehead74 said:
*update*

My order shipped today and tracking says it will be arrival will be Friday . So, one week total. Not exactly the magic that I have been reading about in the thread , but I can't complain about a 7 day turn around.

Lesson learned : If ordering don't wait till the last min to order , plan a week or two ahead . Otherwise walk into your LHBS and walk out with your recipe.

Interesting... I have always shopped here, never had to wait. But this time I ordered last weds, it still says pending. I spoke with someone Monday ad they said it would be done Tuesday. Hopefully it will be done soon.

I'm guessing something happened cause I. Have never experienced more than a 2 day wait if something was out and they usually email me. I still haven't heard anything about my order other than hen I called.

Every order I have placed with them, I have been able to pick up the next morning before lunch.

I guess I am just lucky or I am not adventurous enough to be ordering OOS items.

I placed an order last night. We'll see how long it takes. Last time I ordered it took a several days for them to ship.

Latest posts

Back