Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mlyday said:
Im a fan as well. Last two AG brews were ordered through them. Great prices, fast, good fresh grain. Beers turned out great. Love being able to create recipies on the site, name them then order them again an again.

This I think is huge game changer...that I think really helps....I mean I have brew software, but its nice to punch in your order and it be able to edit it, and have it on hand again, even brew notes...I try the lhbs when I can, but most of the time bmw!

Doesn't exist AFAIK... are you trying to do a recipe that's more than 50% wheat?

Cpt_Kirks said:
Maybe even 100% wheat. I've done 100% wheat hefe's, and would like to try and extract batch.

Ah, yeah, I was just wondering. I think you're SOL though.

It's things like this that made me shake my head every time an extract brewer says they're just as capable as AG brewers, heh.

I just wanted to throw a shout out to Brewmaster's Warehouse!

I buy from them pretty much exclusively. They are the best! Love the brewbuilder and recipe section.

Great prices and fast shipping!

I drove 1,159 miles (one way from Iowa) to shop at Brewmaster's Warehouse. A side benefit was that while in Marietta we took the opportunity to spend Christmas with son and grandchildren. BMW was a busy place the Friday before Christmas, but not too busy to help me invest a couple of hundred dollars I'd have otherwise spent foolishly. Nice place, and had everything on my list except the "in" tube for a Corny. Good svc, friendly folks. Hope to return next holiday season.

I'm fortunate to have Brewmaster's Warehouse as my LHBS. The guys in the store I frequent (Atlanta) are incredibly knowledgable, and have taught me quite a bit along the way.

Hey, Ed. LOVE the Brew Builder. I think my favorite part is that the grains come mixed and crushed, all together in one package. Not having to worry about measuring grains makes the brew day go a lot smoother. However, for the BB, what's the possibility of making some kind of option to check off whether or not the customer wants the yeast to be included with the order? A lot of us harvest yeast and I've found that if I want to reorder my recipe without it, I have to go back into Brew Builder and edit out the yeast, save it, order the recipe, and then go back and edit the yeast back in. I know I can just keep the yeast out of the recipe but I also like the fact that if my friend wants to order my recipe, I can direct them to your site and one-click order it right there. Thanks!

Hey, Ed. LOVE the Brew Builder. I think my favorite part is that the grains come mixed and crushed, all together in one package. Not having to worry about measuring grains makes the brew day go a lot smoother. However, for the BB, what's the possibility of making some kind of option to check off whether or not the customer wants the yeast to be included with the order? A lot of us harvest yeast and I've found that if I want to reorder my recipe without it, I have to go back into Brew Builder and edit out the yeast, save it, order the recipe, and then go back and edit the yeast back in. I know I can just keep the yeast out of the recipe but I also like the fact that if my friend wants to order my recipe, I can direct them to your site and one-click order it right there. Thanks!

The easiest way to order sans yeast is to click the recipe in your recipe book, and then click open in Brew Builder. Click the Buy Recipe button, and then change the yeast quantity to 0, and click Buy at the bottom of the page. It is a couple of extra clicks but still pretty easy.

You can also just save your recipes with and without yeast and annotate in the recipe name without yeast. You can keep the recipes without yeast private (ie do not check the share recipe box) so no one else gets confused.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Hey Ed!

I also love the BrewBuilder tool. Though, I have one suggestion. I apologize if it has already been discussed. To me, it would be really handy to be able to import existing recipes from BeerXML. That would keep me from having to enter a recipe twice, once into BrewBuilder and again into my recipe software (BeerSmith). I know that this is probably a pretty complicated task on the programming end. But, I just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks!

Hey Ed!

I also love the BrewBuilder tool. Though, I have one suggestion. I apologize if it has already been discussed. To me, it would be really handy to be able to import existing recipes from BeerXML. That would keep me from having to enter a recipe twice, once into BrewBuilder and again into my recipe software (BeerSmith). I know that this is probably a pretty complicated task on the programming end. But, I just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks!

+100000000

Yeah i agree. It would be great to be able to use XML (or any other exportable format) but not sure if this is possible.

Brewmasters Warehouse said:
The easiest way to order sans yeast is to click the recipe in your recipe book, and then click open in Brew Builder. Click the Buy Recipe button, and then change the yeast quantity to 0, and click Buy at the bottom of the page. It is a couple of extra clicks but still pretty easy.

You can also just save your recipes with and without yeast and annotate in the recipe name without yeast. You can keep the recipes without yeast private (ie do not check the share recipe box) so no one else gets confused.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Ok, awesome. I guess I didn't realize I could do this. I'll have to try that out. Thanks!

Hey Ed, I just thought I'd let you know that I placed an order recently and tried adding the 4 oz container of pH stabilizer (it was listed on the website so I assumed it was in stock) to it after the fact, but I got an email saying that you were out of the 4 oz, but still had the 1 lb container. That was a little over a week ago and the 4 oz container of pH stabilizer is still listed on the website.

Hey Ed, I just thought I'd let you know that I placed an order recently and tried adding the 4 oz container of pH stabilizer (it was listed on the website so I assumed it was in stock) to it after the fact, but I got an email saying that you were out of the 4 oz, but still had the 1 lb container. That was a little over a week ago and the 4 oz container of pH stabilizer is still listed on the website.

I will take a look for you and see why it was left up.

just received another order super fast from BW...thanks guys!

Speaking of items still listed on the site, my wife ordered the Barley Crusher for me in November and it is still not here.

I understand there are problems with the manufacturer on this item, but you really should remove it from the website, IMO, so this does not continue to happen.

I would hate for this same situation to happen to others.

I just wanted to share my experiences with this vendor as this is why this part of the forums exists. I know a lot of people have had great experiences with BMW. That's what prompted me to order from them in the first place. That's also why I went back after having a mediocre experience with my first order. I'm sure 5 or 6 people will respond to this with "I ordered Wed and got my stuff on Friday!" Maybe these kinds of responses gave me false hopes.

My major gripe (which seems consistent with other customers) is the lack of communication upfront. Most online vendors have an automated email sent right after an order is placed "Thank you for your order...we're processing it, blah blah blah". I guess BMW doesn't do this, which left me wondering if my order actually went through. For example, I just bought a brew log from Basic Brewing and was instantly sent a confirmation email and a "Thank you for registering" email.

So, I placed my last (2nd) order and waited. No contact or anything for 5 days then I get an email that something is out of stock and should they ship the rest or wait on it to come back in stock. I say ship and they do the next day... to the wrong address. I had moved since my first order which was 9 months prior and they used my old address. I didn't catch it until the tracking info said it arrived and I didn't see it on my doorstep. So, I jumped in my car and drove an hour each way to my old house to pick it up. Which by the way is right by where I work, which I had just anxiously driven home from to find get my package. I did order with my current address btw.

With all of that said, the quality of grain and the crush seemed right. Everything was well packaged and as described except for the keg I got from them that still will not keep a seal and was beat to hell by the last owner. I don't have an issue with the order not shipping for 2-4 days, that's pretty standard. I can even forgive the mistake of shipping my order to the wrong address. I just don't like not hearing a thing for 5 days until there's a problem.

I would call/email Ed or Steve. When ever I have had a problem they are quick to make it right.

I've had similar recent experiences with their lack of communication and delays due to back-ordered items. When you order stuff they have in stock, they may not communicate a ton, but that stuff shows up in 2-3 days. When it's not in stock, they sit on it all too long before reaching out to see if you want them to ship what they DO have right away, or if you want them to wait and get everything shipped once the back-orderd stuff shows up.

I did reach out to them last time this issue bit me, and was told that they're working on a new website that will help manage the back-ordered stuff better (sounds like they'll be better able to identify, at order time, what is and is not actually in stock), but they didn't address the lack of communication...

When it's not in stock, they sit on it all too long before reaching out to see if you want them to ship what they DO have right away, or if you want them to wait and get everything shipped once the back-orderd stuff shows up.
I also had several communication problems with BMW. There was a time when Ed would have called you in person right away if there was even the chance of something not being right with your order, but business grew and that changed. I'm glad that they are doing well.

After averaging close to $1000 a year there I've switch to another vendor here on HBT. A little more pricey because they don't have flat rate shipping, but good customer service makes it worth the extra.

I had a similar experience when an item was back ordered. By the time I heard from them about it (about 5 days), I was anxiously awaiting a package, only to find out my order was on hold.

Very Intresting, I was just commenting on this very thing in another thread when someone pointed me here. I placed an order with them at the begininng of the week along with 2 other orders with Austin HB, with Austin I got notification that night the order was processed and picked up by UPS and the following day got a tracking # from UPS at AHB's request. With BMW it still shows as "pending" on their website, does that mean its out of stock? I have no idea, is that old information and its actually been shipped? Again, I have no idea. I don't mind things taking days to ship, I'm not actually brewing again until mid to late Feb. anyway. But with a buck fifty out there on some quick disconnects I would think I would at least "know" where my order stands.

I always get the email when the order ships out. I guess if the order is being held for items on backorder you're not going to get those until the order is ready to ship.

I always get the email when the order ships out. I guess if the order is being held for items on backorder you're not going to get those until the order is ready to ship.

I got the emails when they shipped out, but those were the only form of communication I got, and they were 4 or 5 days after I paid them $200+. Its just nice to know that your transaction is in the works and that they recognize instantly (or even within 24 hours) that you placed an order.

My issue with them is pretty similar to the OP.

Their shopping cart just wasn't up to snuff. Not asking or automatically applying shipping address to billing address and visa verse. Not getting a confirmation email. Not showing an item as out of stock. It might seem a little petty and I might be a little biased as I'm a web developer and I have made my fair share of forms.

Ordered on a Monday. Emailed them on Tuesday asking if they in fact did receive the order. They replied that they did and they would be processing it on Wednesday. They emailed Friday night saying several items in my order were out of stock. Seeing how the bulk of the out of stock items were my grains, I cancelled the order.

Went back to Northern Brewer. Ordered on MLK day. They shipped Tuesday. It'll be here Thursday. Cost about 90 cents more.

Lack of communication, whether personal or automated, results in loss of sales.

Lack of communication, whether personal or automated, results in loss of sales.

Exactly. I'm not saying BMW is a bad store or that the owner does bad business. It seems like they are ready and willing to make any serious issue right. I'm just saying that there are lots of other great online retailers that have better communication/inventory systems and faster processing times and that is worth it to me to give them my business instead.

If BMW improved these issues, I would happily try them again. That's why I went back a second time, because they generally get loads of great reviews from forum members and some moderators. I thought the first time was a fluke.

Once again, I have to thank BMW for their excellent customer service. After FedEx botched the delivery last week, I've had nothing but great communication and excellent service from them. Can't wait to start my Flanders Red!

Late last night I looked at BMW website again to check my status, "pending" has been removed. But thats all it says. This morning I get an email saying its shipped and provides a tracking # which I quickly check, says its going to be here tomorrow. Seems fast for something that shipped this morning, we'll see. At least now I know BMW got my order! That was my whole gripe to begin with.

@Snafu,

Atlanta to Richmaond. What's that like 8 hours straight up 85? Yeah it should be therein a day by UPS/FedEX

Hell, my NB got here today. It's like 13+ hours from Memphis to St. Paul. Of course seeing as Memphis is the FedEx hu, it might go a little faster anyways ;)

I had the exact same experience with BMW as the OP. Ordered on a Monday, no emails or any communication about the order at all. They sure charged me for the order from the start though. Come Wednesday I'm wondering whats going on so I email them for the status and they say it will ship the next day. Thursday comes and goes with no change in status. I wake up Friday and decide I've had enough. I wanted this stuff to brew that weekend. I email and cancel my order and order from Austin. Ships monday, here on Wednesday, about the same time the order from BMW would have been here. Yeah it was a little more but who cares, at least they communicate and ship on time. BMW lost my business with that one order.

I also had the same experience as the OP. I ordered Sunday and got an email today stating 3 items (growler caps, bottle rinser, and beer gun) were out of stock. These items would be in stock late next week. I had one good order with them, but the lack of communication kills it for me, so I canceled my order.

Another vote for not going with BMW. I have had the same issue as the OP on my last 2 or 3 orders from them.

Used to be, order Monday morning --> Shipped by Wednesday --> brew on the weekend.

Previous order went in on Monday AM, no shipping notification by Thursday, I email in about it on Friday AM, they tell me should go out that day. Nope. The next Monday I get an email about "possible delays"... LOL a week later!! I cancel the order.

Feel like giving them another shot, I order again this past Monday. As of today, no shipping email. I'm sure on Monday I will get an email about a "possible delay" because of an out of stock item.... Attention Ed - your website should not allow me to put an out of stock item in my cart over and over over again...

I will not be emailing in about this again. I will get my order whenever they feel like getting it out I guess.

One thing is for sure. I will NEVER order from Brewmasters Warehouse again.

Rebel Brewer, here I come.

Back