Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewmasters has been having issues the last few months. Don't know or care why but it has gone downhill big time. Problems with the last 2-3 orders with them service / time wise....

Used to be, order Monday morning --> Shipped by Wednesday --> brew on the weekend.

Previous order went in on Monday AM, no shipping notification by Thursday, I email in about it on Friday AM, they tell me should go out that day. Nope. The next Monday I get an email about "possible delays"... LOL a week later!! I cancel the order.

Feel like giving them another shot, I order again this past Monday. As of today, no shipping email. I'm sure on Monday I will get an email about a "possible delay" because of an out of stock item.... Attention Ed - your website should not allow me to put an out of stock item in my cart over and over over again...

I will not be emailing in about this again. I will get my order whenever they feel like getting it out I guess.

One thing is for sure. I will NEVER order from Brewmasters Warehouse again.

Rebel Brewer, here I come.

Brewmasters has been having issues the last few months. Don't know or care why but it has gone downhill big time. Problems with the last 2-3 orders with them service / time wise....

Used to be, order Monday morning --> Shipped by Wednesday --> brew on the weekend.

Previous order went in on Monday AM, no shipping notification by Thursday, I email in about it on Friday AM, they tell me should go out that day. Nope. The next Monday I get an email about "possible delays"... LOL a week later!! I cancel the order.

Feel like giving them another shot, I order again this past Monday. As of today, no shipping email. I'm sure on Monday I will get an email about a "possible delay" because of an out of stock item.... Attention Ed - your website should not allow me to put an out of stock item in my cart over and over over again...

I will not be emailing in about this again. I will get my order whenever they feel like getting it out I guess.

One thing is for sure. I will NEVER order from Brewmasters Warehouse again.

Rebel Brewer, here I come.

I'm in the same boat. I don't get the impression that Ed really cares about us as customers, despite public criticism here or an email to him directly. I've not received even an acknowledgement of my grievances, so I take my business elsewhere. Maybe he actually doesn't need us as customers individually, in which case, I wish him the best.

Rebel Brewer has far exceeded my expectations each time I order from them, so I will continue to do so.

Sadly, I had a similar issue on my one and only order from BMW.

I ordered on a Sunday night, and thought all was well. When I hadn't received a confirmation email and the order still showed as 'pending' on their website on Wednesday evening, I emailed them to find out what was going on. I received a response saying that one of the items was out of stock and 'should' be back in stock Thursday or Friday.

By Friday afternoon, I still hadn't heard anything so I emailed them again to see if the item was back in stock. It was, and they shipped it that afternoon.

As others have said... it's not the issue that something was out of stock. That happens, and it's really not a big deal because I wasn't on a tight brew schedule. The problem is the complete lack of any useful information regarding the delay until I had to ask for it.

One proactive email would have done wonders to increase the likelihood that I'll buy from them again. Even updating the status on their website with useful info would have been fine.

/endrant

I don't get the impression that Ed really cares about us as customers, despite public criticism here or an email to him directly. I've not received even an acknowledgement of my grievances, so I take my business elsewhere. Maybe he actually doesn't need us as customers individually, in which case, I wish him the best.

I am very sorry if you do not feel the I care about individual customers. I will do anything I can to help anyone I can when it comes to brewing customer or not. If you have concerns please address them to me and I will take care of them to the best of my ability. I can not change what has happened but I will do my best to make sure that we can do everything we can to make future experiences exceed your expectations. You can contact me directly through email (ed at brewmasterswarehouse dot com). If you do not get a response from me via email feel free to also PM me here. I get hundreds of emails a day some get caught in junk filters or sometimes I plain miss them in the massive amount of mail that I get.

I just noticed that this thread was active again. I have been posting in another thread about us and explaining the situation. Since this thread has posts of a similar nature I will give at least a brief sum up of what is/was going on and what we are doing to correct it.

We have been insanely busy both in the store and online. At the same time due to personal reasons several employees have had to cut down the number of hours that they work. This has caused us to fall behind in shipping orders. At the same time this much higher level of revenue has made keeping products in stock near impossible on some items.

The increase in walk in customers is something I personally have been struggling how to schedule employees to handle that and still keep the online orders moving. In the past years we had much more sales online than walk in business in the store. Over the last few months the walk in business has been growing exponentially. It takes a lot more man power to handle a single walk in order than it does an online order. We have addressed this issue with hiring 2 more people to replace the hours lost due to personal reasons and to increase the staffing to handle the increase in walk in customers.

We were running about a week behind in shipping orders we were about 3 days behind as of close of business on Friday. With our additional staff getting up to speed we should be caught up and back to our normal turnaround time by the end of next week.

We have also instituted a new policy to be more proactive about delays in shipping orders, so that you the customer is contacted before you contact us about your order. This new policy is a work in progress but I thought it was important enough to get something working as soon as possible and we will refine the process as we get feedback.

Some other issues that are being addressed when our new website is launched:

1. Out of stock items will no longer be able to be ordered.

2. Expected turn around time will be posted on the website.

If you have stopped being a customer because of the issue we have had recently or ever it deeply pisses me off that we did not take care of you in the manner that you deserve. We will improve upon these growing pains and continue to get better at what we do for brewers everyday.

Ed

Full Disclosure: I received my order this afternoon. I never got a shipping notification, but it's here and I'm brewing tomorrow.

BMW has been taken off my NEVER list.

Full Disclosure: I received my order this afternoon. I never got a shipping notification, but it's here and I'm brewing tomorrow.

BMW has been taken off my NEVER list.

I am so glad to hear that you got taken care of.

We have had some spotty results with our shipping notification email which basically means we do not know how to fix a problem that does but also does not exist. Some people have been emailing about not receiving the email while others do not. Your brewing which means I can sleep well tonight.

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks for the note Ed. I'll always be understanding of mistakes and efforts to improve process and what not, I just felt a little out in the cold since I never heard anything about what was going on.

I will give you guys another try once you're caught up!

Thanks Ed for the explanation. I was really worried and knew that something had to be up because BMW had never disappointed me.

You never lost me and I will continue to use you as my first stop for all my brewing needs.

TD

I think the web site is messed up. Brew builder doesn't seem to be working correctly ( not calculating gravity,IbU's,ABV,ect...), and some of the pictures of product are mis-sized not allowing you to get to the add to cart button. Am I drunk?

This is what I am getting at home and work.
bmw1.png

bmw2.png

Just saw my favorite words on the fedex site:

"On vehicle, out for delivery."

Thanks for the quick shipment guys!

And I was having that same issue in the last two nights with the size of the picture. Haven't checked again.

I went to BMW last night using Chrome and it was messed up there as well. ...strange :(

BMW: Great store, Great service, Great people,......Packing Peanut Nightmares.
They are my #1 store and have worked hard to earn it. I just wish I had something productive to do with all those packing peanuts....

I'd say its possible you'll get it by then. I think mine took 4 days from order to door. But then, I'm a little bit closer than you.

You can find Fedex timetables that will give you the transit time, but that depends on stock, etc. I just placed a huge order and it took a while because a few items were OOS, but otherwise it was great. I'll order again when I use all this up.

You can find Fedex timetables that will give you the transit time, but that depends on stock, etc. I just placed a huge order and it took a while because a few items were OOS, but otherwise it was great. I'll order again when I use all this up.

I see, so they don't show if an item is out of stock on the website?

I am wondering the same thing if I place an order are they going to have all the hops I order?

Perhaps some input from the OP?

scottvin said:
I see, so they don't show if an item is out of stock on the website?

BMW does a ton of business both in store and online. You might place an order on line, but before they get a chance to package it, a specific item may have sold out either in the store or in a previous online order. However, they usually always contact me within a day or two if there is an item out of stock. They also get shipments fairly regularly to replace OOS items. They'll ship all of your in-stock stuff and then send the OOS item(s) afterwards at no cost to you.

Done business with BMW several times. Great service!! Recommend them to everyone. Especially in the southeast. I ordered yesterday & received an email at 5:30 that the yeast strain I ordered wasn't available. So I called 10 minutes before the store was due to close & they changed the yeast strain (per my wish), sent it out last night, and received the package this morning. Being in state helps... But anyone in the Southeast should receive their order with 2 days with the flat rate (fedex ground) shipping BMW offers. Thanks guys!!

Can you guys offer a whole sack of grain for sale? I've noticed that some other places are now selling 50lbs of 2row with a flat rate shipping, and just curious if you guys can do that?

Can you guys offer a whole sack of grain for sale? I've noticed that some other places are now selling 50lbs of 2row with a flat rate shipping, and just curious if you guys can do that?

Yes we sell full sacks of grain all the time. Just add the full sack amount into your cart and we will take care of the rest. All of the base grains have the full sack weight listed in the product details.

Thanks,

Ed

I've ordered twice now from BMW and while I can't fault their products, pricing or flat rate shipping, I will say their customer service leaves quite a bit to be desired.

1st Order was placed on Dec 28th I called on Jan 2nd to see if I could add a few items to the order since the order was still in pending status. The warehouse guy who took my call immediately launched into how backed up they were and orders weren't likely to process until that week. Once I told him I was calling to add to the order he was glad to help me. They did add the extra items to the order, but to this day the order # was never updated, nor was a new order # added making it impossible to cross reference against my CC statement. I was also told the flip top bottles I ordered were out of stock for a week or so and would be shipped separately.

I was sent three tracking #'s for the rest of my first order, which went to three different states. I emailed BMW and Steve confirmed he had sent me the wrong tracking #'s by accident and got me the proper ones.

I had no further update on the case of flip top bottles so I emailed on the 17th asking if they were back in stock yet. When I had no response to that email I emailed again on the 22nd and got a reply on the 23rd that they had shipped with a tracking number.

2nd Order - I ordered a blichmann 15g brewkettle, blichmann burner & a 50' immersion chiller and all grain order on Feb 13th. The non blichmann stuff shipped on the 16th and I had it by the 22nd. I saw a second tracking # in my order history that shipped on Feb 28th (in line with the 1-3 weeks for delivery from Blichmann warning I saw on the site) however when it arrived today I found it was only the burner. I emailed BMW and was told that the brewpots are now delayed until sometime in April.

Needless to say this is incredibly frustrating, to have placed an order for an item that was in stock at the time, now to find out I won't have it for over 45 days from the original order date.

To sum up my experiences with BMW.

PROS:

Good selections
Good pricing
Flat rate shipping

CONS:

Lack of automated notification systems - I shouldn't have to guess when to log in to my account to find a tracking #, nor should I have to be the one to inquire about now out of stock items. It's obvious that expecting employees to trigger actions to notify buyers isn't working.

Substandard customer service - Ties into above. There are too many vendors who do it really well (Amazon, B&H, Newegg) for it to be acceptable for the buyer to have to chase down the vendor for information about their order.

No Real Time stock notification - It's 2012, I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation for websites to accurately show when an item is or isn't in stock. Even if that can't be accomplished, I'd settle for a vendor initiated email notification when an item has been backordered

Perhaps BMW is a victim of the Amazon age, a company that does it right on so many levels that their buyers come to expect top tier customer service. Will I likely order from BMW again? Probably, but it will be limited to ingredients and other low end dry goods that aren't time sensitive.

I see that there is the Hop RHIZOME preorder going on. It says up to March 1st to preorder. Does that mean I can just order now that it is past march 1st and it will ship with my order?

Back