Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont doubt the quality of your packaging... but I have a new toy, and.... I ..... must.... use..... it! At least on my specialty grains... :D

Give that FoodSaver a workout in the kitchen. I used mine for years BEFORE I started brewing.

Sorry, tmoney I must of missed your post. Once you put a Brew Builder brew into the cart there is no going back. I know this sucks, and the next iteration of the Brew Builder will add this functionality.

Ed

Thanks, other than that I think the brew builder worked very well.

I priced your site side by side with AHS and it was still cheaper even with the 10% discount from AHS. Plus they don't have any Kent Golding hops. So thanks for the site, looks like you're my new go-to vendor.

You have any plans on getting any corona mills? I need a mill and havent decided if I want to spend the money on a BC or not.

You have any plans on getting any corona mills? I need a mill and havent decided if I want to spend the money on a BC or not.

If you really want one I can get one specifically for you. We do not normally carry them, because I feel that a customer would not be completely satisfied with the results of the crush from a Corona Mill. There have been many threads on the forums about huge efficiency jumps when people traded out their Corona mills for another type. I am not saying the Corona Mills do not have their place, they do, but I think a Barley Crusher is a better investment overall. The savings in grain from higher efficiencies will make up the difference over time.

Ed

If you really want one I can get one specifically for you. We do not normally carry them, because I feel that a customer would not be completely satisfied with the results of the crush from a Corona Mill. There have been many threads on the forums about huge efficiency jumps when people traded out their Corona mills for another type. I am not saying the Corona Mills do not have their place, they do, but I think a Barley Crusher is a better investment overall. The savings in grain from higher efficiencies will make up the difference over time.

Ed

I see what Ed is saying... he could sell rolling pins and market them as barley crushers... but people that dont KNOW any better would feel as if they were hosed. Sell Corona mills and you are bound to turn off some people that dont know any better, and may not see them back again after they feel they were "duped".

I got 85% with my last HBS crush, I have a set of feeler gauges now and plan to set my BC at .035" (per many threads I have read). I used to get 70% eff. I dont want better eff. just to say I can do it, but it does add up in pounds of grain pretty quick.

I completely understand and agree with both I just dont know if I have the money now. Any idea on the price for the corona?

I completely understand and agree with both I just dont know if I have the money now. Any idea on the price for the corona?

Check Ebay. I've seen Coronas going for around $20. While I have and love my BC, a Corona can provide a perfectly acceptable crush with a little modification. All depends if you want to put the time into tinkering.

Not to get too much into your financial business, but put that money into paying off your credit cards. I mean, your livelihood doesn't hinge on being able to crush grain.

Ed, I take it there was no problem with the WLP300 date? Looks like my package will be here tomorrow!! Hopefully I dont get called out, I go on call at 4am tomorrow... I want to be here to see the goods!

I just left you a voice mail. I set aside yesterday evening to have dinner with the family and spend some time with the wife otherwise I would of called yesterday. Though I did sneak away long enough for a couple of posts.

Thanks Ed... if I dont have it when it looks like I am going to be brewing it (June?), I will drop you a line. Yes, March would have been no good for me, so thanks for looking out for a brother!

It is not a problem, just part of the customer service everyone deserves.

Ed has a way of making you feel entitled. We had a mix up with some notty yeast that didn't make it into my last order (it didn't bother me and Ed made good right away). Well i talked him out of fedexing it to me and said to use USPS instead. My mistake. Never showed up.

Ed kept up with it and fedexed me two packets that arrived to day. He also threw in some Pacman. Great guy to deal with. Now i just have to find a recipe for the pacman. You better bet i'll get the rest of the grain bill from Ed.

Did you change something on the site or is it messed up. All I can get is the recipe creator and styles. The list at the top for ingredients, equitment etc it gone

Did you change something on the site or is it messed up. All I can get is the recipe creator and styles. The list at the top for ingredients, equitment etc it gone

It is working fine for me. I am not sure what the problem is on your computer. Is anyone else having any issues?

I just tried a whole new browser and its still the same. I even added /equipment to the url and it took me to the equipment page but the image hotlinks at the top were messed up. They looked like they should have been transparent but not. Ill try and get a screenshot.

Well atleast you kept the URLs simple. I can figure out what I need to get where.... and once i get off the home page the rest are right.

The web guy will be very happy to hear you say that. He has taken a great deal of pride in keeping the URLs something that can be understood instead of a long strings of characters.

It's different for me too. It starts with beer styles first. If you search for something then you get the caps at the top with the individual categories.
BrewmastersWarehouse.jpg
BrewmastersWarehouse2.jpg

AOL 9.1 and IE 6

Thats all I have at work. I'll get some different browsers when I get home.

XP IE6 It looks like the buttons are missing from the landing page.

Hey now don't pick on the web guys they are very sensitive, and must be handled with care.

I will talk to the web guys and let them know about the troubles with IE6. I beleive that is probably the common issue you are both having.

Probably but that is probably the one browser that you NEED to make sure always works. Its by far the most common one. I know when I have written the couple sites that I have I always made sure to do all of the testing in IE.

Probably but that is probably the one browser that you NEED to make sure always works. Its by far the most common one. I know when I have written the couple sites that I have I always made sure to do all of the testing in IE.

I know that the site works perfectly in IE7, and I have personally tested it in the past with IE6 and it worked. Not sure why it is not working now.

And when im at work I have to use AOL to get on here too. I HATE AOL but it bypasses their websense program.

It was a pleasure doing business with you. That is a great picture of your haul. Your daughter gives the size of the order a lot of perspective. She is a beautiful little girl. You are in trouble in a few years.

Really like your site. Just for usability sake you might want to consider adding an "Add Again" button on the hops line of your brewbuilder. A lot of recipes call for adding multiple additions of the same hops and it would be nice if we didn't have to go back and forth between the pages to do so.

Also, you may want add a "Choose special" and "Create basic" buttons so that when you select a style you can have the fields filled in with the most common recipie for that style, or base the style on what specials you are running.

Another great feature would be something like "Here is the ingredients I already have, find me a style best match".

Back