Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed, I have ordered from only a hand full of times but I predict many more over others. Your flat rate shipping is awesome and fast. Many kudos to you!! Keep up the great work.

Ed,

Is there any possibility of you carrying the 750 mL Amber Champagne bottles with 26mm crown finish? I think this is the best way to bottle high-carbonation Belgian brews since you don't need to bother with corking.

Cheers!

I came by today and the 2 guys working @ 5:40pm answered all my questions and even gave me some tips as a newb brewer. They made me not feel dumb and answered even the simplest question.

Any chance of getting some Lyle's Golden Syrup in? Amazon has it, but I have moral issues with paying more for shipping than the item costs.

Great experience on the phone with BrewmastersWarehouse yesterday regarding a question about an order. Plus my grain mill got shipped sooner than I thought! Big ups! Can't wait to order from them again.

I believe that I recall some kind of incentive to push your customers to upload their recipes to brew builder, and I enjoy browsing through and seeing what is on your site, but I find that without any kind of reviews or ratings, the recipes are better for browsing through, and I am not confident enough with them to purchase.

What kind of ideas can we come up with to get the original posters of the recipes to put in a description of their success, and anyone that purchases and makes the recipe to rate the results?

I believe that I recall some kind of incentive to push your customers to upload their recipes to brew builder, and I enjoy browsing through and seeing what is on your site, but I find that without any kind of reviews or ratings, the recipes are better for browsing through, and I am not confident enough with them to purchase.

What kind of ideas can we come up with to get the original posters of the recipes to put in a description of their success, and anyone that purchases and makes the recipe to rate the results?

This is true.

It would be great to have a sort of "amazon style" review and rating section for the recipes.

This is true.

It would be great to have a sort of "amazon style" review and rating section for the recipes.

We do have that.

reviews.jpg

I love the brewbuilder, and all of the recipes. Ed haus pale ale is a proven simple tasty low cost beer, and I have brewed it in the past...I am interested in some of the other recipes, however, and there are many, many that do not have any reviews or rating, even from the original brewer who posted it. I was merely hoping to start some kind of brainstorming on how to encourage the brewers to include more of there success rates, and critiques :) :) :)

Ideally, in order to make a recipe public, the brewer should provide the first review. Hard to do, I realize, if you're ingredients for the first time. (unless the recipe isn't made public until at least one review is posted. This would be an incentive to make a recipe public -- give a review, and it goes public.)

I *love* Brewmaster's Warehouse, but there's far too many recipes posted. I'd like to see those without a review removed.

My two cents ...

I use Brew Builder for recipes that I put together or that I find elsewhere, mostly. I absolutely love it, but it's the customer service that has kept me coming back. I keep trying to do business locally, because I have a bias to do so, but it has simply been too much trouble with limited inventories and downright lousy customer service.

The reviews are a nice idea. In all honesty, I didn't realize they were there. I'll go in and review the ones that I have made.

I actually like the huge database of recipes. It is actually optional whether you want to share them or not.

There is no doubt that the customer service is second to none...I order exclusively from this great company.

I do however foresee the shared recipe database bedoming muddled with imput, without a way to search through recipes with results. Not a problem if we are searching for clone recipes, but the true genius of the homebrewer are the recipes with great success, that they are choosing to share with the other brewers that love this program, the business, and the customer service that is offered at brewmasterswarehouse.com :) :) :)

There is no doubt that the customer service is second to none...I order exclusively from this great company.

I do however foresee the shared recipe database bedoming muddled with imput, without a way to search through recipes with results. Not a problem if we are searching for clone recipes, but the true genius of the homebrewer are the recipes with great success, that they are choosing to share with the other brewers that love this program, the business, and the customer service that is offered at brewmasterswarehouse.com :) :) :)

I agree that the more recipes that are posted using our current format the more muddled it becomes. That is why the current recipe format is going to be replaced with a series of drill down options. So if you want to see rated recipes only that you can.

sounds like a great solution...there is no doubt value to the cataloging of all of the endeavors of the customers, and the ease of being able to search by rating, sounds wonderful

As always first class service from the guys at Brewmasters! Needed some Cry Havoc today and got it overnight! A great brew day compliments of BMW!

I have said it before and I am going to say it again, top notch service and am very pleased with my order!!

Just placed my first order on Brewmaster.com. Excellent site, love the recipe builder and the ability to browse others' recipes for inspiration. Can't waitto get my order and brew this weekend!

Just realized that if I would of order from these guys they would have beat beveragefactory.com by almost $10 for the same order on my perlicks and other kegging stuff!!! I am emailing beveragefactory to see if they hold up to their price match policy even though my order was already shipped!! I guess I will be checking Brewmasters first before placing my orders from now on!!

Oh nice, I don't know how I missed that feature.

I think you should also have a way of sorting results by highest or best reviewed. some times i just want to pick a brew quickly that already has high scores instead of searching through the whole database.

also you should have it sorted by brewery. i like bee cave but actually had to find a recipe then there was an option on the recipe page to get to the list of brews offered for that brewery or author.

Ed,

Any thought to getting some soda and rootbeer supplies on your site? I like making the occasional 5G batch of Gnome root beer, but have to make an additional order from another store since you don't carry it. Please let us know if you add sodas or honey.

Thanks for having such great service.

I like brewmasters warehouse, they have a great selection and their grain costs are lower than my LHBS (which isnt so local)

BUT I ordered a plastic carboy and it arrived all dented. I sent it back figuring shipping damage and the second one arrived and it was just as dented! I think this is because their idea of shipping is putting it in a box with an old grain bag wrapped around it. i saw maybe 3 of those little airbags in there but they were doing nothing. I emailed them about it and I heard nothing from them. This has put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Brewmasters warehouse...

EDIT
I really do like brewmasters warehouse. I had a bad experience that may be linked more so to my fedex driver than BMW.

I like brewmasters warehouse, they have a great selection and their grain costs are lower than my LHBS (which isnt so local)

BUT I ordered a plastic carboy and it arrived all dented. I sent it back figuring shipping damage and the second one arrived and it was just as dented! I think this is because their idea of shipping is putting it in a box with an old grain bag wrapped around it. i saw maybe 3 of those little airbags in there but they were doing nothing. I emailed them about it and I heard nothing from them. This has put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Brewmasters warehouse...

Sounds like your FedEx dude has it out from you...I order stuff from them 2-3 times a month (lately even more) and never had issues...have ordered a number of plastic buckets/caboys and 4x3g and 2x6g glass carboys...never an issue.

Also - double check the email or if anything call...Ed and the crew are generally top notch when it comes to getting back/keeping you apprised of the situation

Thanks for letting me know you had an issue. I remember a carboy being sent back, but it arrived in good condition. There is a test batch fermenting in it now. I do not recall an issue with the second carboy. We have shipped tons of them the same way without any issues.

Shoot me an email ed at bremasterswarehouse dot com and I will take care of you.

Thanks,

Ed

Sounds like your FedEx dude has it out from you...I order stuff from them 2-3 times a month (lately even more) and never had issues...

It's possible. the first one never made it to me but Fedex told me that it was dented during shipping. I re-read my last post and I didnt mean to make it sound as harsh as it came off. Like I said, my grain costs have gone down ever since i switched over to brewmasters warehouse.

Thanks for letting me know you had an issue. I remember a carboy being sent back, but it arrived in good condition. There is a test batch fermenting in it now. I do not recall an issue with the second carboy. We have shipped tons of them the same way without any issues.

Shoot me an email ed at bremasterswarehouse dot com and I will take care of you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed, I'll be forwarding the emails i sent over to you. Thank you for being helpful.

My order arrived at my door today...and now i'm brewing as i type! Once again, couldn't ask for better service.

The bottle opener USB key is sweet... now I need to come up with the rest of the order :)

Also Ed, thank you so much for the massive quantities of gypsum in my last order, I won't need to worry about keeping it in stock anymore (or contemplate just ripping in to my drywall and using that)

Placed my first order just 2 minutes ago with BMW....lets see how fast it gets to Chicago compared to Midwestsupplies...if they can beat the shipping times with standard shipping I found a new supplier!!

On a side note...I would like to see more pictures in the website. Seems to me that 50% of them have no image...just sayin.

Latest posts

Back