Brewmania Day 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chairman Cheyco

***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Julaibock is in the books.

9# 2row
4.5# Munich
Mashed @ 153

26 IBU of Hallertau

Safelager S23

This is the third brew in as many days and I getting worn out a bit. Tomorrow I'm doing a dry stout for St. Paddy's day and then it's time for some rest!

Baron von BeeGee said:
Busy beaver, you are.

Hope I can work in a Maibock on my Doppel cake. Did you find some info on Maibocks to base your recipe on?

There is a Jamil show on Maibocks, and it's awesome. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible (as always) and found that 2:1 pale malt to Munich was about the best way to go. Then added Hallertau's to get ~25IBU's and you're done. I was going to do a triple decoction, but I figured, 'meh.'

So why are you brewing like a fiend? Leaving for another extended vacation?

I will finally have your "care package" out in the mail soon--I haven't forgotten you! I'm sending some safale-56 and the oaked AB...and then some recent gems from the Iron Orr Brewery. :D

Dude said:
So why are you brewing like a fiend? Leaving for another extended vacation?
Yeah, I got a little time off, and I'm trying to get back ahead of the consumption. Beer is so much better aged!

Dude said:
I will finally have your "care package" out in the mail soon--I haven't forgotten you! I'm sending some safale-56 and the oaked AB...and then some recent gems from the Iron Orr Brewery. :D

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Wow! And I thought when I did two batches in one day that I was getting it done! Good work Chairman! I hope they all turn out well for you.

Ok, I skipped yesterday, brewing everyday is quite grueling, actually - especially when you're hammered all the time...

Back on the horse today though. Here's what gives:

Batch 4 in five days.

Son of Black Death, Dry Stout

7# 2-row
2# Flaked barley
1# Roasted barley

1.5oz N Brewer FWH (35IBU acc to Promash)

I've done this one before, mashing it @ 151.

Heating the strike water now...

Back