BrewJacket Immersion Pro - used????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leedspointbrew

Brewing out in left field, with golf clubs
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what forum to post this in, but I'm looking for one of these, used. Seems to be discontinued, hoping that someone may have an extra for sale. Might be my temperature control solution, if I can get one that works even close to manufacturer's specs. Thanks for looking.

I used to brew with one well before Covid. They work in a limited way if all you need is a drop of 10F over ambient. Down side is performance. It takes a long time to get measurable temperature change. And it’s quite loud.

Use with caution. It’s a ‘gateway drug’ to going full-blown glycol. Ask me how I know.

I have one I am not using that could be for sale.

My experience was the same as Brooothru. It might do better than 10F below ambient, but not more than 15F. You're not going to lager with one unless you already have a 60F cellar. The noise was not too bad, but noticeable. And, like Brooothru, it led me to buy a glycol chiller, and there's no looking back after that.

I have one I am not using that could be for sale.

My experience was the same as Brooothru. It might do better than 10F below ambient, but not more than 15F. You're not going to lager with one unless you already have a 60F cellar. The noise was not too bad, but noticeable. And, like Brooothru, it led me to buy a glycol chiller, and there's no looking back after that.
If it's possibly for sale - how much? If I could get consistent low-60s ferment temps for ales, year round, that would be a win.

Last edited:
I used them for a while and they worked great. I could definitely get a 15-20 degree drop without much difficulty. The more insulation you have on your fermenter the better it will work. I wouldn’t say they are loud but it’s not quiet either, it sounds like a PC fan on full blast which it basically is. I wouldn’t want it running in the bedroom when I’m trying to sleep but in the kitchen or a closet it was as quiet as any other type of chiller I’ve used. It’s not for everybody but for certain circumstances I think it’s a great solution. Hope you find one you can use.

It’s not for everybody but for certain circumstances I think it’s a great solution.

Agreed! I love mine, and I do a similar thing with a smaller version intended for fish tanks that I stick into my 2.5 gallon batches right through the side of the fermenter. No frig needed.

When I bought my BJ IP I actually contacted them directly and they setup a price to get the unit without the jacket. Worked for me, I just wrap a big beach towel around the fermenter. They still had stock on what I'd call the "important parts".

For getting hold of them, it's Beermkr.com and I emailed their Support address: Contact Us

For getting hold of them, it's Beermkr.com and I emailed their Support address: Contact Us
That’s great info thanks. I actually have a broken unit that needs a new circuit board and was hoping someone had an old stock of parts.
Pro Tip: mark which side of the plug faces up so you don’t accidentally plug it into the unit upside down and fry it. Ask me how I Know.

Hello,
I have a brewjacket immersion pro..does anyone know if the original probe could be replaced with an inkbird or a commercial probe?

Back