Brewing or the Xbox 360

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hybridthreat

Reaction score
So last night I came home from work, and found out I completely forgot my wife's 30th birthday. Not good. Well she and I both ended up getting into a fight and apparently I spend too much time on the Xbox. Well... she gave me the choice between my brewing and the Xbox.

I just sold my Xbox and all the games to my neighbor ... and she gets the money. :mad:

But hey, I still get to drool over all the beer I have fermenting.

Oh, I also slept in my garage last night.

Damn, especially since the new COD came out. Sorry for your loss brother!

Oh, I also slept in my garage last night.

Well you might as well brew up a batch or two while you're there! Just set your alarm for the various tasks.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Put a reminder on your phone or work calendar so you don't forget again. You wouldn't want to have to give up brewing next year.

Well, the worse part about this mess is I was in the field training for the last 2 weeks before this. So it's not like I had much time during that period. Guess I should of planned far ahead.

Why didn't you just scale back your xbox playing? Moderation is key...

Why didn't you just scale back your xbox playing? Moderation is key...

She wouldn't give me the option. I only would play when she was sleeping and even then not very often. I’m blaming her hormones being out of wack still after having our son, and the fact that 10days after she had him I went into the field for 2 weeks.

man, that's rough. Each situation is different, but I dunno if I would have made that deal.

I don't get women...why do they complain when we do our own things while they are doing their own? AKA playing while she is sleeping...how is the xbox hurting anything? lol

Hmmm... you had to make a choice? Sounds like you made the wrong one... Relationships that are based on ultimatums... not good in my book... Brewing, Xbox, or controlling girlfriend or wife... perhaps you can get the xbox back? :)

:) oh and dont take that as an insult... just messing... but seriously... we all are faced with making the tough choice... My wife hates when I brew at my buddies house, cause I come home really late or I stay over... I tell her I am being responsible... :) so now we brew earlier... :)

OP, You trollin?

Please tell me you are!

Not sure... I'm stuck at work, bored, pissed off, and really ****ing tired of looking at this.

unledxim.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hmmm... you had to make a choice? Sounds like you made the wrong one...

I disagree.

I just sold my Xbox and all the games to my neighbor ...

Your problem is solved. Keep brewing beer, and when you feel like playing, bring a couple sixers to the neighbor's house and play along with him.

Win-Win. :mug:

Hybridthreat said:
She wouldn't give me the option. I only would play when she was sleeping and even then not very often. I’m blaming her hormones being out of wack still after having our son, and the fact that 10days after she had him I went into the field for 2 weeks.

I know how you feel, two days after our youngest was born I was back in Iraq. At least I was there for the birth. I just got lucky and missed all of that hormone crap.

You made the right choice. Video games, for all their coolness, can't compare to producing a physical product that you can share with yourself and the world.

Another nutless homebrewer. :(

_

Hey my wife is a game warden, I may be a scout and have two deployments. But the people shooting at me overseas didn't know how to shoot, she does... :p

Plus now that I think about it more... the $$$ I save not buying games is all going to brewing.

Hybridthreat said:
Hey my wife is a game warden, I may be a scout and have two deployments. But the people shooting at me overseas didn't know how to shoot, she does... :p

Plus now that I think about it more... the $$$ I save not buying games is all going to brewing.

So your a 19D huh? You said your wife is a game warden. MP or civilian? I am a 31B, did 3 years on the trail at Knox with some 19D's. Scouts out!!!

Yup, I am. If you ain't Cav, you ain't ****! She's a civilian... I should say she a game warden, she had to stop when we moved to the desert. Wants to get back into it though.

I was at Stewart for 2.5 years, Korea, and now been at Irwin for a while. Will be staying out here after I get out.

Dude, if you just had a kid, I would say that's likely the case. Best to keep the lady happy.

But then, I am not into video games, so parting with an xbox would be easy for me.

I wouldn't sweat it. Just go play at the neighbors. ;)

I have to agree about the relationships and ultimatums thing, if you can't work it out like adults......but it's your life. I'd suspect that there are other issues, but hey whatever way you work it out is good for you.

The problem wasn't the brewing or the Xbox. That is the 'punishment'

the problem was he missed her 30th. That one is HUGE for women!
We cannot grasp how huge that is. We mere mortal men have no real idea...

She should have reminded you it was her birthday. By now she knows you forget stuff so she should remind you of things you cant remeber its her job.

You mean you guys don't have this programmed somewhere to remind you automatically every year, a few days in advance? Rookies...

I would probably forget to look at whatever I put the damn reminder on...unless it was on the taps which may then lead to forgetting it again :drunk:

Could be worse. After warning my teenage son 987,345,123 times to self-moderate his xbox time, I finally unplugged it, took it out back, and ran three 3" magnum rounds of copper plated #2 steel through it.... There was a ripple of pleasure that started at my trigger finger and went all the way to my pecker. True story.

hummyjohnson said:
Could be worse. After warning my teenage son 987,345,123 times to self-moderate his xbox time, I finally unplugged it, took it out back, and ran three 3" magnum rounds of copper plated #2 steel through it.... There was a ripple of pleasure that started at my trigger finger and went all the way to my pecker. True story.

What a waste! I guess it could be worse he could be out running the streets doing drugs and knocking up the local girls. I would have made the same choice.

My folks did similar to my Nintendo 64 back in the day. Except they unplugged it, drove me to a local adoption place, and made me give my Nintendo 64 to a kid who couldn't afford one.

I learned a lesson, and a kid got a nintendo rather that it being destroyed...

Way to waste $300, internet tuff guy.

_

^+1 I remember my dad told me he would turn the breaker off so I couldnt use anything in my room, lol. U can get away with that when ur young.

^+1 I remember my dad told me he would turn the breaker off so I couldnt use anything in my room, lol. U can get away with that when ur young.

Mine would and then put a padlock on the breaker box. When I got grounded I couldn't do anything except just sit in my room.

Latest posts

Back