Brewing low ABV <> AKA Evil Twin Bikini beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpez

Reaction score
I am trying to locate good info on brewing a beer similar to Evil Twins Bikini Beer. It's a nice beer that I would not guess it's 2.7% ABV. It has really nice body, head, and a nice amount of hop presence.

I saw some info on mashing at a very low temp of ~140 to dry it out to 1.002-1.004. Anyone else have any advice?

I've had Bikini Beer, and thought it was great. Can't speak to a clone of it so that may well be accurate, but I know for my low alcohol beers I usually keep the mash 156-158 to keep enough dextrins, otherwise the beer can seem watery.

Yeah, that is how I have made them as well. I guess the reasoning on the info I saw was that Bikini beer supposedly has a super low FG which would not be obtainable when mashing at the high end.

But then I have not been able to verify the FG either.

Mpez, did you ever dive further into this? It seems like a cool idea, to make the most flavorful, delicious example possible, while keeping the ABV super low.

Low ABV is a great way to challenge yourself. I made a 2.8 ABV table beer and it was kinda OK.

Then I tried making a non-alcoholic brew - it turned out great, full of flavor. I removed the alcohol from a porter. Simple - put fully fermented beer in a pot in the oven at 170-180F for an hour or so. Replace the volume of lost alcohol with water. Bottle as desired, the small amount of bottling sugar adds 0.5% ABV

Back