Brewing in Suburban Denver, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowdit16

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I decided about a year ago to build myself a kegerator (or keezer) as they are commonly referred to here. After and exhaustive search on the internet as to the best way to build one, I came across many examples of builds by homebrewers. Well, 1 year later and too many 1/2 barrel keg lifts into keezer to count, I decided to start brewing my own with inspiration from all of my research.

My first brew, an Irish Ale from a kit put together by my LHBS. Tomorrow marks the 7 day mark. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to rack to a secondary, or leave it for another week and then rack to the keg.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hey and introduce myself, as I've lurked enough for info here and felt the need to post.

Welcome! Which LHBS do you use? I mostly go to The Brew Hut in Aurora, since it's by my work, but I also frequent Beer at Home on Broadway. I would probably be inclined to not use a secondary for that brew, but it's up to you.

I'm in Thornton so Beer at Home on 120th is closest to me. I'm thinking of keeping it where it's at until it needs to be kegged. This is already turning into a bit of an obsession, which is ok with me.

Back