Brewing in Circle ville OH.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrypmc

Reaction score
New to brewing . January 1st batch (Mr beer) not the best BUT not Mr Beers fault :) January 15th first all grain batch ( hoppiness is a ipa) a little off flavor but very very drinkable 7.5% abv almost gone . Took three hours to cool in - 5 degree weather. February 1st . Third batch 2nd all grain batch ( Dennies rye IPA ) made a $32 wort chiller cooled it down in 45 minutes and tasted great after a massive fermatation that took two weeks to move to secondary 7% abv . Bottled last Fri tasted great even flat. Just want to keep in touch with the real beer world . Larry in Circleville Ohio.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Home Brew mobile app

Hey there local buddy I'm from circlevile as well!!! Sounds like your having a good time brewing !! Cheers

Hey there local buddy I'm from circlevile as well!!! Sounds like your having a good time brewing !! Cheers

How long have you been brewing? I get supplies from north high brewing and gentiles in grandveiw how about you.

I made my first batch September 2013, Then my 2nd batch around November-December. Now today Im bottling my 3rd batch. And if all goes as planned I may be brewing my first IPA tomorrow:ban:. I got my original brewers best kit from the winemakers shop, since then I have got a few more things from them like extra bucket and hops. I have also ordered online for a few things from AHS and Midwest.

How long have you been brewing? I get supplies from north high brewing and gentiles in grandveiw how about you.

checked out your recommendation on the North high brewing!! I thought it was a pretty awesome place. Gave me a real good deal on my last batch of ingredients. Thanks very much for the info.

We should get together sometime as we live in the same zip code and either do a brew day together or share some homebrews although cant say for certain any of mine are worth trying hahah but some constructive criticism may be good.

So op,are you still using the Mr Beer,or have you moved on to 5 gallon equipment? Sounds like you're moving right along just the same...:mug: I'm up in Sheffield Village. Haven't been to Circleville in some time.:mug:

checked out your recommendation on the North high brewing!! I thought it was a pretty awesome place. Gave me a real good deal on my last batch of ingredients. Thanks very much for the info.

We should get together sometime as we live in the same zip code and either do a brew day together or share some homebrews although cant say for certain any of mine are worth trying hahah but some constructive criticism may be good.

Where do you live I'm on trimmer rd. Did you get you a cold one when you went to the brewery? I'm one week in on a hop devil clone now . And getting ready to dry hop my rye IPA.

So op,are you still using the Mr Beer,or have you moved on to 5 gallon equipment? Sounds like you're moving right along just the same...:mug: I'm up in Sheffield Village. Haven't been to Circleville in some time.:mug:

Hi Doc. I had a couple of glass carboys lying around holding my spare change so I just bought the Mr beer refill. Now they are both full of IPA and all my spare change is gone :) gonna do another batch next weekend not sure what but I know it will be hoppy. Sheffield village sounds familiar is that in Dublin ? I had a friend give me a 10 gal. Pot now I'm out of control.

No,it isn't. I'm 4-6 hours WNW of you. Sheffield Village is north of Elyria,East of Lorain & W of Avon-Avon Lake in Lorain County. I'm about 3.5M from the coast of Lake Erie,as the Ford flies. And I hate these spell checkers. I swear they have GOT to be written by some Chinese fella in a cubical somewhere. In English,we do not separate prefix or suffix from the root word. It's a shortened version of unionrodder,expressed as unionrdr. Spell checkers always wanna correct it to uniondr. I trust your new obsession was gained from all that spare change?:ban::mug:

Where do you live I'm on trimmer rd. Did you get you a cold one when you went to the brewery? I'm one week in on a hop devil clone now . And getting ready to dry hop my rye IPA.

I just looked up trimmer road were about 9 miles apart or so. I live out on state route 22 headed towards williamsport. Just outside of circleville roughly 5 miles or so. When I went to north high I took my daughter with me and didn't grab a beer while I was there but plan to revisit it soon. Might as well have a cold one and browse the forums for a good recipe !!! I just did my first BIAB this past week and it's busy fermenting now and I have an ipa 7 days into dry hopping currently!!! I've never had a rye ipa you will have to check back here and let me know how your beers come out!!! I have a smoked porter that's been bottled for about 1 1/2 months and I have to say it's my best brew yet I really enjoy it as well as others who have tried it that like the porter style!!! Very addicting when you make good beer .

I just looked up trimmer road were about 9 miles apart or so. I live out on state route 22 headed towards williamsport. Just outside of circleville roughly 5 miles or so. When I went to north high I took my daughter with me and didn't grab a beer while I was there but plan to revisit it soon. Might as well have a cold one and browse the forums for a good recipe !!! I just did my first BIAB this past week and it's busy fermenting now and I have an ipa 7 days into dry hopping currently!!! I've never had a rye ipa you will have to check back here and let me know how your beers come out!!! I have a smoked porter that's been bottled for about 1 1/2 months and I have to say it's my best brew yet I really enjoy it as well as others who have tried it that like the porter style!!! Very addicting when you make good beer .

My number is 740 497 1601 . Go to Kroger and get you a six pack of Sierra Nevada ruthless . It inspired mine. I got 7 left. :-(

My number is 740 497 1601 . Go to Kroger and get you a six pack of Sierra Nevada ruthless . It inspired mine. I got 7 left. :-(

Funny you mention that, I just bottled my IPA into 12 Ruthless bottles!!! I saw them in Kroger the same day I wrote my last response to you and grabbed a few of them. Really is a great beer. I just cracked open my first IPA tonight still not fully carbed but tasted very similar to the newish Rebel IPA from Sam Adams. Whats on your list for future brews? I have a caramel amber ale fermenting now and I'm 14 days in and still bubbling away which is very new to me, I have typically 3 days or of continuous action but I just got back from San Antonio and its still going.

Funny you mention that, I just bottled my IPA into 12 Ruthless bottles!!! I saw them in Kroger the same day I wrote my last response to you and grabbed a few of them. Really is a great beer. I just cracked open my first IPA tonight still not fully carbed but tasted very similar to the newish Rebel IPA from Sam Adams. Whats on your list for future brews? I have a caramel amber ale fermenting now and I'm 14 days in and still bubbling away which is very new to me, I have typically 3 days or of continuous action but I just got back from San Antonio and its still going.

I went to Jackie o brewery in Athens today and Shawn one of there brewers was there he was kind enough to show me their tap room brewing operation . Got to sample their IPA, s . They are making very good beer in Athens ! I'm working on some plain and simply IPA s at this time.

I live in Mansfield now but originally I'm from Washington Court House cheers to all my Ohio brewers.

Pretty much. I lived in Washington Court House. Went to high school in Blanchester then went to college in Mansfield. Even lived up on Put-in-Bay for a while. I swear I've lived all over this dang state.

Marion here maybe one day we ohio brewers can get together and have a brew day.

Pretty much. I lived in Washington Court House. Went to high school in Blanchester then went to college in Mansfield. Even lived up on Put-in-Bay for a while. I swear I've lived all over this dang state.

I lived in wilmington for about 2 years went to washington court house to party with a bud but i was there for a job and pretty much did that and slept while i was there. ive live in quiet a few places in ohio myself

Marion here maybe one day we ohio brewers can get together and have a brew day.

Well actually... I am the president of the Athens Homebrew Club and will be having the meeting at my house on national Homebrew day (may 3rd). Pm me if you want to join. I will be brewing all day and grilling out and having the club meeting later on in the evening.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Latest posts

Back