• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Brewing equipment – All-grain complete setup: 10 gallon batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidD

Reaction score
Brewing equipment – All-grain complete setup: 10 gallon batches

***PRICE DROPS AND UPDATED LIST AS SOME ITEMS SOLD***

Selling my all-grain brewing setup capable of making up to 10 gallon batches at a time. Items total to $745 but willing to sell it all for $530. Ideally looking for someone who wants it all, but also parting it out at the same time. Feel free to make offers. I am no longer brewing and finally willing to part with it all. Please contact me with any questions or if you want more pictures of a specific item.

Local pick-up only for now in Grand Rapids, MI. I will update if items don’t sell locally and I am willing to ship. Posting will be updated as items sell.

ITEMS FOR SALE:

• Three keggles (converted 15 gallon Sanke kegs) - $90 each
• Three tier brewing stand - $230
• Corny keg - 10 gallon ball lock (holds pressure great) - $110
• Carboys (5 gallon and 6.5 gallon) - $30 for both
• Jaybird false bottom & stand - $60
• Water filter (housing and filter, only used 3 times) - $10
• Stainless mash paddle - $5
• Hop quesadilla w/ pick-up - $20
• Refractometer - $5

Items total to $745 but willing to sell it all for $530.

If you buy it all, I will also include all the various extra keg parts, Star San, tubing, ingredients & hops, bucket fermenters, and anything else brewing-related I have around.

DETAILS ON ITEMS:
Three keggles (converted 15 gallon Sanke kegs)
*Hot liquor tank, Mash tun (with Jay-bird false bottom & stand), & brewing kettle
*All have three-piece ball valves
Three tier brewing stand
*Stand is made from Superstrut and extremely strong. Two BG14 burners and gas line ready for propane hook-up (also will include the natural gas orifices if you want to switch them out)

BREW all equipment post brighter.jpg

BREW Stand in action 1.jpg

BREW Stand alone 2.jpg

BREW 10 gallon keg.jpg
View attachment 589106
BREW false bottom.jpg
BREW keggles all 3 post.JPG
BREW Stand alone 1.jpg
BREW Stand in action 2.jpg

Last edited:
If you do start to break up and ship, would be interested in the flask and stirplate. Thanks

If you do start to break up and ship, would be interested in the flask and stirplate. Thanks
Letting you know the flask and stir plate both sold today locally. Sorry.

Price drops and updated list included in the edited, original post above too.

I’d be interested in the false bottom and stand, if you are willing to ship to Calgary, Canada.

I am also interested in the false bottom if it’s still available and will to ship to Atlanta area.

I am also interested in the false bottom if it’s still available and will to ship to Atlanta area.
Thanks, Jason. Currently, acotomic is first in line for the false bottom and I sent him a shipping quote. Just pending a reply from him to see if he's still interested. Otherwise, I'll you know soon as I can, Jason - thanks again.

Hi, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Please go ahead and move to the next person, and thanks for looking into the shipping. Best of luck with the sale!

Hi, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Please go ahead and move to the next person, and thanks for looking into the shipping. Best of luck with the sale!
No worries at all. @Jason, I'll run a shipping quote for you too now and PM you shortly. Happy Thirsty Thursday to all.

Letting you know the flask and stir plate both sold today locally. Sorry.

Price drops and updated list included in the edited, original post above too.

No problem. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

PM sent to Jason with shipping quote for false bottom w/ false bottom stand.

Also, quick update on my keggles (even though there has been no interest):
  • The sight glass on the boil kettle broke when I was cleaning it, so it no longer includes that (sorry).
  • But good news, I'll gladly take $150, or best offer, for all 3 keggles (HLT, Mash Tun (no false bottom included), & Boil Kettle)
  • Ideally, local sale would be best for the 3 keggles as I imagine shipping would be a beast - but I can always run quotes if anyone has interest
I will try to edit the original post with price drops, but for whatever reason the 'Edit' option is no longer showing for me. Will work on that.

Feel free to make any offers. Thanks!

Still selling 10 Gallon keg? If so shipping to 84115?
Thanks for the post. I'm still trying to get a reasonable shipping price for deroosa, who is interested, but I will let you know if I can't get a reasonable shipping price that makes it a good price for him. I will update the post and PM you, mcgimpkins, if so.

***MORE PRICE DROPS AND UPDATED LIST AS SOME ITEMS SOLD***
Last updated 30 September 2018

Brewing equipment – All-grain complete setup: 10 gallon batches

***EVEN MORE PRICE DROPS AND UPDATED LIST AS SOME ITEMS SOLD (I can no longer edit my Original Post)***

Selling my all-grain brewing setup capable of making up to 10 gallon batches at a time. Items total $412 but willing to sell it all for $210 (OBO) with free local delivery (reasonable radius).

NOTE: the 10 gallon ball lock keg is pending potential sale; will update if sold
. Ideally looking for someone who wants all that is left, but also parting it out at the same time. Feel free to make offers. I am no longer brewing and finally willing to part with it all. Please contact me with any questions or if you want more pictures of a specific item.

I have already started shipping items, so let me quote you shipping if you're interested. Local pick-up in Grand Rapids, MI (West Michigan) is also still available.

ITEMS FOR SALE:

(NOTE: the 10 gallon ball lock keg is a pending potential sale; will update if sold)

• Three keggles (converted 15 gallon Sanke kegs) - $60 each OR all three for $150
(NOTE: update to the photos: the sight glass on the boil kettle is no longer included. Was broken when I was recently cleaned it, sorry)
• Three tier brewing stand - $95
• Corny keg - 10 gallon ball lock (holds pressure great) - $110 - PENDING POTENTIAL SALE
Carboys (5 gal & 6.5 gal) - $12 for both
• Hop quesadilla w/ pick-up - $5
• Refractometer - $5
• Water filter (with housing) - $5
• SOLD ITEMS:
- Pin lock corny kegs
- Counterflow-chiller
- 2L Erlenmeyer flask + stir plate
- Stainless mash paddle
- Jaybird false bottom

Items total $412 but willing to sell it all for $210 (OBO) - free local delivery.

If you buy it all, I will also include all the various extra keg parts, Star San, tubing, ingredients & hops, bucket fermenters, and anything else brewing-related I have around.

DETAILS ON ITEMS:
Three keggles (converted 15 gallon Sanke kegs)
*Hot liquor tank, Mash tun (with Jay-bird false bottom & stand), & brewing kettle
*All have three-piece ball valves
Three tier brewing stand
*Stand is made from Superstrut and extremely strong. Two BG14 burners and gas line ready for propane hook-up (also will include the natural gas orifices if you want to switch them out)

Last edited:
I can leave a good ebay style review for him! shipped the same day as payment got it fedex today, Damn, wielding this thing is kind of intimidating! :) can't wait to stir up a batch with it!

Jaybird false bottom sold and shipped to Jason - thank you!

Updated some price drops and total costs. If you're local in Grand Rapids, MI, why not make me an offer? I'll even offer free delivery (within a reasonable radius) if you're interested in the brewing stand and/or the 3 converted kegs (keggles). I'm not brewing but someone might as well. The world doesn't have enough beer.

Prices dropped even further down on my recent post a few sections up (post #24 from Friday). I will deliver for free around the Grand Rapids/West Michigan area. $210 (or best offer) take all three converted kegs, a ready-to-brew three tier stand with two BG14 burners, and all the extra brewing supplies/hardware I have around.

You'd be losing money not brewing your own 10 gallon batches at that cost. With the Superstrut stand, it is easily modifiable and I have even thrown around the idea about converting it to a single tier if someone is really interested and has pumps already (or will buy some for it.)

Post here or PM me if interested.

Last edited:
No further plans to drop prices any lower. Big ticket items of my 3 converted kegs (HLT, Mash Tun, and Boil Kettle) and three tier gravity fed brew stand are still available with free local delivery.

I will update this post if anything else sells, but no further plans to update the thread in the meantime.

Big thanks to everyone who bought something. Also wanted to so thanks to everyone as a whole on Homebrewtalk -- somewhat sad stepping away from the homebrew world after starting brewing almost 7 years ago, but life changes and I wish everyone the best. I can't fully explain how valuable everything I learned from this website and building my own brewing setup; not only from a beer-perspective, but how it touched on very valuable areas of DIY, experience with tools & problem solving, scientific knowledge, and everything in between.

Prost!

Back