brewing coopers Canadian blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alifreddy

Reaction score
just started fermenting a can of canadian blonde, used 500gs light spray malt + added slightly more sugar than recommended 800gs

used bottled water

boiled 4 litres added it to the syrup then added the glucose + malt + stirred in added rest of bottled water + then yeast now in from of heater 24 degrees

Oh boy. Cool that puppy down to more reasonable temps of about 16c.

You could have left out the sugar and added more DME to make a better beer, but
you will make beer with what you have got. Do some reading WWW.Howtobrew.com should get you better beer

on another forum I post on they said ditch the dme + add more dextrose for higher alchohol volume, so am a bit confused

have indian pale ale + mexican cerveza from coopers also

on another forum I post on they said ditch the dme + add more dextrose for higher alchohol volume, so am a bit confused

have indian pale ale + mexican cerveza from coopers also

Sure, you could do that. You could get a higher alcohol volume by adding sugar. Or, you could make a better quality beer that has great taste and ditch the sugar completely, and the yeast that came with the kit, and replace with dry malt extract and better yeast.

Each of us brews for different reasons, and some of us brew for excellent quality that you can't get in a store, and some brew for a cheap high ABV beer. That's probably why you'll get such differing opinions!

how bout using crystal malt do u needa mesh bag for that I used muntons light spray malt 500gs + 800gs dextrose I'm new to home brewing, my first attemp was coopers bitter + I only used 1 kg home sugar + turned out ok

Back