Brewing Beer in Southern Spain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodSweatandBeers

Reaction score
Buenas!

I've been brewing beer for about a year and a half. I took a 6 month break due to some frustrations with back to back batches. Had some funk in my beer that I'm still not 100% about the root cause. But, I recently self motivated myself to get back in the game and I haven't looked back. I've been living in Rota Spain for the last 6 years thanks to the good old USAF and I was pulled into the hobby by a fellow Airman. Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone.

BSAB

Cool! I haven't noticed anybody on here in Spain before. We probably have a few. I am glad you found the forum and yes, you can learn a lot here. I am also glad you are stationed somewhere that you can enjoy a homewbrew.

My understanding is that the homebrewing community in Spain (the land of my people) is pretty limited. I heard a podcast on the Australain Craftbrewer Radio interviewing a homebrewer over there. Have you connected with anyone?

My understanding is that the homebrewing community in Spain (the land of my people) is pretty limited. I heard a podcast on the Australain Craftbrewer Radio interviewing a homebrewer over there. Have you connected with anyone?

The only other homebrewers I know are other guys from work. My landlord (an Irish fellow) is really interested in it but from what he has told me, there is nothing locally here in Andalucia. His only real option is to order from other EU countries, however, the prices are high. Lucky for me I can get items shipped from the states to my FPO box for the same price it takes to ship it to NY. I do give him a homebrew when I can. I'm sure there is some presence here but when a buddy of mine was looking to set up a kegging system, he could only find gear from a commercial vendor, no local shops for homebrewing.

Back