Brewing attire?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanVTBrew

Reaction score
Does anyone have specific clothing they wear on brew day?
I brew every Sunday, in fuzzy slippers, gym shorts and no shirt.
No shirt, because I have 4 dogs, and don't want any dog hairs in my beer, shorts and slippers because they're comfy as hell! I don't care if its negative 20 outside.
Thought it'd be fun to see if anyone else had a specific outfit they wear on brew day.

Green mountain high!

I like that...if only I lived alone, I'd totally brew naked!

Green mountain high!

I brew naked - as God intended! :D

If I brewed naked, I'd be naked and afraid. :) Too many opportunities to get seriously burned. My wife got me a shirt that says, "A man's gotta brew what a man's gotta brew." It's become my go to attire.

Sent from my brewery while sitting on the John.

I always ware camo cargo shorts and tee shirt. And sneakers. We brew 20+ every brew day so it is busy. There is no way I would brew naked. Try explaining third degree burns on your unit at work. Not a good day. Clothing is not optional.

When I first started brewing I was using bleach as a sanitizer. My wife got sick of me ruining tee shirts so she bought a scrub top at a 2nd hand store that's a purplish collage of pictures of Elvis as a joke. I wore it once to a club brew and now it's kinda become a tradition.

Jeans & a t-shirt. Comfy is the general rule for me.

Oh yeah....first post, been lurking for a couple months. :)

-m

I have a Dickies labcoat that I wear when brewing. I originally bought it for cooking since I was tired of spilling tomato sauce or whatever on my clothes.

It looks like this. I feel like a mad scientist. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Dickies labcoat that I wear when brewing. I originally bought it for cooking since I was tired of spilling tomato sauce or whatever on my clothes.

That's funny stuff! A friend of mine keeps telling me to get one of those because I'm like a mad scientist! Think I will. I like it! :mug:

Clothes vary, but when I'm moving the hot stuff around i use steel toed rubber boots because i like my toes the way they are.

Y'all can have some glove envy

gloves-60741.jpg

Jeans and a t-shirt (brewing related usually) and the grungiest, crappiest sneakers I have - that way I don't have to worry about cleaning them when I spill wort, sanitizer or beer on them while brewing. A fleece jacket if it's cold, but once the burners are lit, I shed it.

Jeans and a t-shirt, occasionally with shoes (shut up, I live in Kentucky after all) ;)

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Last couple months, it's been snowpants, boots, and layers on top meaning two sweatshirts and a down coat. I feel like this:

Man, I'm glad it's spring.

ALWAYS have either a Packer/Badger shirt or hat but I've been partial to my Beer Army shirts and my recently acquired "Add More Hops" shirt as well...Cheers.:mug:

jeans and a t-shirt (brewing related usually) and the grungiest, crappiest sneakers i have - that way i don't have to worry about cleaning them when i spill wort, sanitizer or beer on them while brewing. A fleece jacket if it's cold, but once the burners are lit, i shed it.

+1

Black t-shirt with our brewery name, jeans and tennis shoes.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Pajama shorts, tshirt, barefoot, back patio, early morning. Been doing it that way forever, not gonna stop now. Brewed up two large batches this morning, Big IPA and a brown ale.
At first I though "geez, must be nice" and then I realized (read: attempted to reduce cognitive dissonance) I have never had to worry about a hurricane. Ever.

Tennis shoes or boots are a must because I'm using a electric brewery. I also think to a lesser level, shirt and shorts give some protection.

I wear a lab coat because I am a mad scientist. That and it freaks out the neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The last few months here it's been layers of sweatshirts, due to this winter that never seemed to give up. And a good pair of boots, as my feet get cold standing on that frigid garage floor.

Attire varies, but it's usual jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and the fleece lined slippers I got from the in laws at Christmas.

"I will make it felony to drink small beer. "

Real tree ap crocs for footwear with dockers socks from kohls (soooo comfy. I advise you buy a pack). Corduroys, and a guy Harvey tee. And because I have hair down to the middle of my back I bun it up and wear a hat

Whatever. I'm not picky. Usually it's a brewing-related T-shirt and then maybe a sweatshirt of some kind depending on the season.

I don't think too much about it.

A speedo is my attire of choice for most occasions, though SWMBO rarely allows it anymore. Apparently she finds it highly embarrassing.

I wish I were kidding....

That is a good idea, I have a shirt/coat kinda like that (shorter, but with the pockets in front) Maybe I'll hang that up next to the brewing system so that I can have a dedicated shirt. I'm always wearing steel toed boots so I'll have those on in case anything needs kicking to get it running.

Shorts or jeans, t-shirt/sweatshirt and a pair of Crocks. No socks.

Shorts or jeans depending on how chilly the garage is.
T-shirt/sweatshirt - ditto to reasons above
Crocks - no socks - comfy and I can dump cleaning water/rinse water/whatever and just keep on trucking- toes get wet? no worries

Somewhat along the same lines... I've got a couple old chef coats that I like to wear when brewing.

Back