Brewing at 75F

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosster01

Reaction score
Hey all!

I moved to a warm area and now my house is just about always 75F. For my first beer I moved my fermenter into my keezer, but I'll need a new option after I start filling the Kegs.

Are there any beers that can ferment at 75F? Or anything else (wine,cider)?
Also is the brew jacket thing worth the investment or any other recs! Space is limited.

Thanks!

Saisons do exceptional at 75+ (even closer to 80+).

If you dont wanna do all saisons, you could do a small ferm chamber or try the swamp cooler method. Buckt/tub of water with the fermenter placed in it (toss a t-shirt over it and into the water for bonus points)

http://www.cool-brewing.com

I have a cool brewing bag and love it. Currently fermenting a hefeweizen in it - 68 degree room, one 2 liter frozen bottle, temp strip on the fermenter shows about 64. It's basically a giant insulated lunch bag that you can flatten and store easily when not in use.

It's really about yeasts that will work rather than beer styles. Some Belgian yeasts will work. For instance, I'm fermenting with Belle Saison at 75 right now. I'm making a saison, but could have likely changed the recipe around the yeast and made a different Belgian like beer. I do not know for sure from experience, but I hear that S-05 can turn out decent at higher temps as well.

I live in Hawai`i and the year round average temp is about 80 daytimes. I brew 2 gallon batches producing 3 six packs each. I ferment in 2 gal. buckets from HD and place them in an Apt sized refer to keep them at the temp I want. Got tired really quick trying to use the bucket of water and ice real quick.

I think the brew jacket is around $60. For not much more you can get a cheap fridge from craigslist and make a temp controller. That is the best solution.

There are som many yeasts to be used at 75F: Saison, Belgian, WLP 644, Omeha Hothead ( OMG yeast ) and similar Kveik yeat.

I use the cool bags. They work quite well. If you can't get an additional fridge with a temp controller then your best solution is the bag

as a couple others have said there are yeast strains that will work well in 75 degrees. I use a swamp cooler if I want to use a specific yeast that I don't have the temp low enough for. I get two 1 L water bottles and rotate them once in the morning and once at night and it maintains a pretty constant temp of what I'm shooting for.

http://www.cool-brewing.com

I have a cool brewing bag and love it. Currently fermenting a hefeweizen in it - 68 degree room, one 2 liter frozen bottle, temp strip on the fermenter shows about 64. It's basically a giant insulated lunch bag that you can flatten and store easily when not in use.

That looks awesome! Thank you for the suggestion

Latest posts

Back