Brewing and Quantum Theory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapaglia

Reaction score
I have discovered not one but 2 Temporal disturbances in my house. Both directly related to brewing.

It started on the 30th of Sept. I bottled a batch of cider to condition and carb and right after that I made another batch of cider. The bottles are sitting in the closet in my office at home and the new cider is fermenting in my kitchen.

Here is what I know. Time has slowed down in my office and sped up in the kitchen. The batch in the kitchen went from 1.050 to 1.006 in what felt like a few hours. It just should not have been done as fast as it did. It was like I turned around and it was done. In addition it feels like the bottles in the closet have been in there for at least 2 weeks already. But its only been a few days. So I believe that the process of fermenting the must speeds up time within a set distance of the fermenter. Perhaps its the exponential growth of the yeast causing an increase of the quantum flux which alters the temporal alignment of the fermenter which produces a change in the passage of time. Conversely, the process of Bottle carbing and conditioning slows down time within a similar proximity of those bottles. This is probably due to the positive pressure put on the carbon atoms as the CO2 develops in the bottles. This is similar to the basic principles of event horizons and the effect of gravity wells on carbon alignment.

There is no other way to explain how it can feel like something is happening too fast and too slow at the same house. I am not sure how kegs come into this but there has to be a direct correlation somehow. This needs more research and therefore more brewing. If we can control the temporal changes we could make beer faster and then slow down the time we have to drink it.

Its my theory and I'm happy with it. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back