Brewing Again!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcr5150

Reaction score
Hello,
Right now, I'm brewing my first batch in 6+ years (Wicked Strawberry Blonde clone.) Don't know why I waited so long - guess the usual reasons............3 kids. Anyway, the kids are with grandma for a few days so I dug out the ol' kit.

To alleviate the time crunch, I've invested in a keg system. A little nervous about that - but I've already picked up a bunch of tips from this site. My one big question about it is: should I use some corn sugar or go 100% CO2??

Getting ready for the football season to start. That was one of my biggest motivators: gotta have some good brew for the football season.

oh, I've figured out the worst part about brewing your 1st batch: not having any homebrew to drink while working on it. Oh well. I guess some JW Dundee's Pale Ale will have to do for now.

I have been kegging for almost the entire three+ years I have been brewing and I have never used corn sugar with the Co2 I just keep the beer very cold and pump up the PSI to about 14 or so turn the keg over or roll it around ever so often to get the Co2 into the beer and you can carbinate well in about two days less if you want to. or the other option is just put the regular 8-10 psi and by the tim the beer is ready to drink it will be perfectly carbinated.

JJ

Back